Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stale devices on replacement Nest

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stale devices on replacement Nest

    Hi Spud.
    Thanks again for the great Nest plugin.

    Just a quick observation. I was unlucky enough to need a replacement Nest T-stat due to my original one over-reading by almost 4 degs F.

    I started off by wiping the original one's settings, then removed it from my account. I added the new one and then went to HS to fix things up.

    I know that HS doesn't delete devices, but thought that the plugin would add new ones when I disabled then re-enabled it, recognising that there's now a different unit attached to my account. This didn't happen even after re-starting HS until I deleted the old ones and then restarted the plug in.

    It's really not a big deal and I got there anyway, but wondered if there's a way to clean up the add device process, especially in the context of a replacement, when the device name and location are the same on your Nest account, but the serial numbers are different.

    Thanks again
    Cheers
    James
    cheeryfool

  • #2
    after a restart the plugin should have created some new devices if the API had returned a new device ID for the new thermostat, even if there was already some existing devices for a thermostat with the same name and same location.

    maybe the API returned the same device ID for the new thermostat, but in this case you shouldn't had to delete anything, and the old devices should have reflected the status of the new thermostat.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      after a restart the plugin should have created some new devices if the API had returned a new device ID for the new thermostat, even if there was already some existing devices for a thermostat with the same name and same location.

      maybe the API returned the same device ID for the new thermostat, but in this case you shouldn't had to delete anything, and the old devices should have reflected the status of the new thermostat.

      The old ones were stale and new ones didn't get created until I deleted the stale ones and restarted the plugin. Strange.

      Anyway, I am good and thanks for the response.
      cheeryfool

      Comment

      Working...
      X