X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad, you finally got it to work!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I have no idea what could be causing this. Could you post the full debug logs after a plugin restart.
      How many thermostat and smoke detector do you have?

Is anyone else seeing this error?
      I am experiencing the exact thing as this user. I am using .Net 4.0 on HomeTroller S5 and the plugin stopped working on June 11

Comment

Originally posted by melkin View Post
        I am experiencing the exact thing as this user. I am using .Net 4.0 on HomeTroller S5 and the plugin stopped working on June 11
        I guess you can't install Net 4.5 on a HomeTroller S5, right?
        Can you confirm that it is the exact same error, i.e you see "Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream" in the logs

I will have to test and debug with Net 4 to try to replicate it, unfortunately I'm on vacation right now, so I won't be able to do it before july 1st

Comment

HomeTroller S5

Hi again,

Sorry, just saw your last post. Yes, the HomeTroller S5 will not allow .Net 4.5.

I will check the error logs. My experience of the error is exactly as the other user describes. For example, the thermostat does receive commands but there is no updating of the status. All was working until June 11.

Thanking you,

Mark.

Comment

NestPlugin

Here is a screen shot of my error log
            Attached Files

Comment

do you still get this error?
              I just tested with .NET 4 and I can't replicate it.

Comment

I am getting same error

Comment

Jul-01 7:12:13 PM Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsync Result ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__f.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsync Result ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__f.MoveNext()<---
                  Jul-01 7:12:13 PM Nest DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.4Th7UmY2tfY55vOznt6Hd8MUUiOvDCgdOzIxC1XnS9seGnK tMDMpaWWrUbCzNYoywDDaWrgt13P18h4DrQnY6hcsdxFKCcgTVMEAIq0vlPC 7g8vE74b9u7druSOldxwx0Bg2CazWfuzavaPa', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }

Comment

Originally posted by jave2 View Post
                    I am getting same error
                    what's your OS and .NET framework version?

Comment

Nest Plugin

Hi Spud,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I am using the HomeTroller that can only run WinXP with .Net 4.0 and yes, I am still getting the error.

Is there any suggestions you might have to help me help you to debug this?

Thanks again,
                      Mark.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I am using the HomeTroller that can only run WinXP with .Net 4.0 and yes, I am still getting the error.

Is there any suggestions you might have to help me help you to debug this?

Thanks again,
                        Mark.
                        Seems like the problem is win XP rather than NET 4. Looks like the SSL configuration of the Nest servers have been changed because now none of the ciphers supported on win XP work.

So unless they change back the configuration of their servers to accept at least one of these ciphers, we are screwed.
                        I posted on stack overflow about this issue as this is where they advise developers to report questions about the Nest API: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...xp-server-2003

However I would advise to upgrade to a newer HS controller because win XP is no longer supported, so I guess problems like this one will happen
                        more and more frequently.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Spud,

I just wanted to thank you for your help. I took your advice and moved everything to a HomeTrollerS6 and everything is working now.

I just wanted you to know that your plugins are invaluable and as far as I am concerned a critical addition to HomeSeer.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Mark.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I just wanted to thank you for your help. I took your advice and moved everything to a HomeTrollerS6 and everything is working now.

I just wanted you to know that your plugins are invaluable and as far as I am concerned a critical addition to HomeSeer.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Mark.
                            Thank you for the kind words!

Comment

My plugin is not working. I'm getting this in the logs. I can confirm that I can control the thermostat through the next website but when I go to change the device by hitting the + or - buttons I get this:

Aug-01 3:42:46 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                              Aug-01 3:42:45 PM Device Control Device: Nest HVAC Mode to Heat (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Aug-01 3:42:42 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                              Aug-01 3:42:42 PM Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature Low to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Aug-01 3:42:40 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                              Aug-01 3:42:40 PM Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature High to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Aug-01 3:42:17 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                              Aug-01 3:42:16 PM Device Control Device: Nest HVAC Mode to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I should say I am running Windows 7 and using 3.0.0.13 of the plugin. I tried doing the reauthorization process and deleted all devices and started over with the same error occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                                My plugin is not working. I'm getting this in the logs. I can confirm that I can control the thermostat through the next website but when I go to change the device by hitting the + or - buttons I get this:

Aug-01 3:42:46 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                                Aug-01 3:42:45 PM Device Control Device: Nest HVAC Mode to Heat (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-01 3:42:42 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                                Aug-01 3:42:42 PM Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature Low to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-01 3:42:40 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                                Aug-01 3:42:40 PM Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature High to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                Aug-01 3:42:17 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                                Aug-01 3:42:16 PM Device Control Device: Nest HVAC Mode to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                can you set the log level to debug, and send me your logs

Comment

Working...
                                X