Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Authorization

Spud -
    My Nest plugin routinely requires me to go to config and re-authorize the plugin. This seems to happen every couple of weeks and there's no real notification when the authorization stops working. It would be great if there was a way to automate the authorization when it's needed.

Is this a common issue or something wrong with my setup? Makes it difficult to rely on the plugin as I have other events tied to home/away status.

Appreciate your support as always!

No this isn't a common issue, I think you are the first user to report this kind of problem.

How do you know you have to re-authorize the plugin? Is there any error in the logs? Did you try to simply restart the plugin instead of re-authorizing?

Comment

I noticed it because my "Last Change" date/time status stopped updating for my HVAC Status and I knew my heat has cycled on and off but was not reflected in HS3.

I then tried to set from "home" to "away" and got the following error:
      Feb-19 10:23:33 AM Nest ERROR
      Feb-19 10:23:22 AM Warning Plugin Nest is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Feb-19 10:23:03 AM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Feb-19 10:22:33 AM Device Control Device: Global Nest Home Sweet Home to Away (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      I reauthorized and it started working fine again. I didn't try to disable/enable the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
        I noticed it because my "Last Change" date/time status stopped updating for my HVAC Status and I knew my heat has cycled on and off but was not reflected in HS3.

I then tried to set from "home" to "away" and got the following error:

I reauthorized and it started working fine again. I didn't try to disable/enable the plugin.
        ok, it's probably not an authorization problem, for some reason the plugin become unresponsive, it's weird that re-authorizing fixed the problem but enable/disable should work to.

what version do you run?

could you post more logs by filtering on Type=Nest, I'm looking for the moment it started to not respond. Also please post some logs of what happened when you did the re-authorization. thanks

Comment

My log level is set to info and when I filter my log with type of "Nest" all I get is the following:
          Feb-19 10:23:33 AM Nest ERROR
          Feb-13 8:49:57 PM Nest ERROR
          Feb-12 5:22:53 PM Nest ERROR
          Feb-12 10:29:23 AM Nest ERROR
          Feb-08 7:05:33 AM Nest ERROR
          Jan-30 7:58:49 PM Nest INFO Nest version 3.0.0.16
          should I change the logging level for the plugin? If so, debug?
          Any other logs?

Here's my support info:
          Current Date/Time: 2/19/2016 5:02:28 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.218
          Linux version: Linux p-vubuhs301 3.13.0-44-generic #73-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 16 00:22:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 19 Days 21 Hours 3 Minutes 43 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.1.40
          Number of Devices: 187
          Number of Events: 106

Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.23.0: BLBackup
          2.0.25.0: BLLAN
          2.0.14.0: BLOccupied
          3.0.18.16463: Blue-Iris
          3.0.0.21: EasyTrigger
          3.0.0.69: HSTouch Server
          3.0.0.16: Nest
          3.0.0.141: PHLocation
          3.0.5723.28727: UltraWeatherWU3
          3.0.1.44: Z-Wave
          There are no HS3 entries in the log during Nest re-authorization.

Comment

yes you can set the log level to Debug, however it will log quite a lot of things to your HS logs. I'm going to implement a specific log file for the Nest plugin to better troubleshoot those kind of problems that take time to appear.

Comment

Ok maybe I'll wait for the newer version with seperate logfile. I tried debug mode and there are a couple of entries every 30 seconds that clutter the log. ETA on a seperate log?

It would be nice if HS3 would allow you to select multiple message types when filtering the log so i could filter on all but nest messages for example.

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
                ETA on a seperate log?
                probably sometime next week.

Comment

I have added the possibility to write debug logs to a file in version 3.0.0.18 available here
                  Go to the config page and tick the "Log to File" checkbox

Comment

Excellent - installed and debug mode being logged to Nest.txt

Thanks Spud.

Comment

Spud it appears to have happened again. I have a large Nest.txt debug log. I sent the link to the debug file as a PM to you. I restarted the plugin and it seems to be working fine again. No reauthorization needed with Nest.

Let me know if you get the Nest.txt or have any questions.
                      Thanks

Comment

Spud did you get the debug log file? Anything else you may need? Thanks

Comment

yes I got your log file
                          I saw the following in it:
                          Code:
                          System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 503 (Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity).
                          so the problem was caused by the Nest servers being down, but I still don't understand why the plugin does not reconnect properly when the cloud servers are back online. I will investigate more...

Comment

That's great the debug log identified the cause. Hopefully there will be a way to have the plugin reconnect if the 503 message is encountered. Thanks as always for great support.

Comment

Working...
                            X