Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the omnistat3 plugin update when the hvac fan is controlled via a humidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the omnistat3 plugin update when the hvac fan is controlled via a humidifier

I have an aprilaire 800 humidifier and controller 62. The controller will cut the hvac fan on/off, but the stat/plugin doesn't pick up that the fan is running.

is this normal behavior that the stat and plugin don't see that fan is running?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

It may not be the behavior that you want but it is normal behavior. The plugin gets its fan status from the thermostat. If the thermostat doesn't know if the fan is running then the plugin won't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
      It may not be the behavior that you want but it is normal behavior. The plugin gets its fan status from the thermostat. If the thermostat doesn't know if the fan is running then the plugin won't either.
      Kirby
      thanks for the quick response. is there a way to send a command to the stat to poll the fan status?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
        The issue is that the thermostat thinks that it is controlling the HVAC. It is not expecting some other device to also be controlling it. There is not a capability for the thermostat to poll the HVAC.
        Sorry,
        Kirby

Comment

there is a 'system option' on the stat that will engage the fan when heat is called for; its called Fan On With Heat

any downside to enabling this option on the stat so i know when the fan is running even if the heat is running to?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Not as far as the plugin is concerned. The plugin reads the relay register and sets the statuses accordingly.

It did occur to me that if you had an RC-2000 thermostat, you could control your humidifier using the thermostat. The plugin supports the humidifier setpoint and status as well as current humidity.

Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
              Not as far as the plugin is concerned. The plugin reads the relay register and sets the statuses accordingly.

It did occur to me that if you had an RC-2000 thermostat, you could control your humidifier using the thermostat. The plugin supports the humidifier setpoint and status as well as current humidity.

Kirby
              Yes, i thought about using the stat to control my humidifier. But I'm not sure of the algorithm used control it. I have an email into leviton on the subject
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X