No announcement yet.

Problems with hs4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to use the Vacation or Away setpoints and have an event to change the mode. You could even key it to the lights or something. Read through the documentation on that.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by docgreg View Post
        I have used the Oministat 3 plugin for hs3 for a long time with no problems. Thanks for a great plugin.

But since upgrading to hs4, I seem to have constant issues with the plugin losing the thermostat configuration.
        The thermostats are still present in the device list, but the plugin during startup reports 0 thermostats. I have deleted and re-created the thermostats, which works for a while, but on next boot, they are missing from the plugin once again (not in the thermostat list in the configuration, though the device persists in hs)

Any suggestions?
        Any plans on a new release for hs4?

Thanks
        This issue still exists in 4.1.5. The ticket is open with HS. I also provided more information to them. The PED in the root thermostat device is overwritten by HS Touch exactly when my Android device with generic screens connects to the system. Hopefully this helps to get it resolved in the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by twinch View Post

This issue still exists in 4.1.5. The ticket is open with HS. I also provided more information to them. The PED in the root thermostat device is overwritten by HS Touch exactly when my Android device with generic screens connects to the system. Hopefully this helps to get it resolved in the next update.
          twinch Did you hear anything further from HS on this issue. I have a similar issue with my SDJ-VStats plug-in where HS4 will overwrite the PED in the root thermostat devices. I have had no resolution from HS but found that by removing arrays and collections from the PED data the problem went away. However, it seems to have resurfaced with HS4 version 4.1.5.0.

Steve

Comment

As of HS4 version 4.1.6 this plugin now works correctly. There is no longer an issue with the thermostat not being found due to HS Touch overwriting the PED data in the root thermostat device.

After updating the HS version you may need to add a new thermostat if the old device was already damaged.

Comment

Confirmed. Thank you all for your help. Working perfectly now.

Comment

twinch , Will you be fully updating the Omnistat 3 plugin to natively support HS4 and the Thermostat API? I also own the Omnistat 3, and use this plugin.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I have no plans to rewrite the plugin since it seems to operate very well.

I did make 1 update to the plugin so that it only writes changes to the features when the values actually change. Constantly changing values was causing an issue for viewing the device. I do not have any access to publish an update, or to manage this forum, but can provide the file to copy-in if anyone needs this revision.

Comment

twinch , I am now moving to HS4 and would really like this update. How can I go about getting it. My email address is: jean@vaneskahian.com

Thanks so much!
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Update sent to you.

Comment

Update sent to you.
                        twinch , I just checked my email (jean@vaneskahian.com) and SPAM folder as well as my messages on the forum and cannot find it. What was it sent to? (thanks again for your help with this. I do love my Omnistat thermostat)
                        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

twinch can you get your latest version posted to the Updater so its easily available to everyone as needed

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Omnistat_3_3_0_1.zip

3.3.0.1 – Cool and Heat Setpoint dropdown selectors close after each poll (every second). Added check of current device value before changing it. Only change when required.

I am not able to post to the updater since this is not officially MY plugin. After installing Omnistat3 you can unzip the attached to your Homeseer HS3 or Homeseer HS4 directory to replace the HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe file. Restart the plugin and it will show as version 3.3.0.1.

Comment

[ATTACH]n1536918[/ATTACH]

3.3.0.1 – Cool and Heat Setpoint dropdown selectors close after each poll (every second). Added check of current device value before changing it. Only change when required.

I am not able to post to the updater since this is not officially MY plugin. After installing Omnistat3 you can unzip the attached to your Homeseer HS3 or Homeseer HS4 directory to replace the HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe file. Restart the plugin and it will show as version 3.3.0.1.
                              you should reach out to Rich at HST and see if you can get him to setup a new portal page for you to take over the plugin. I dont know if he can transfer the current portal to you.

I would really like to see this plugin survive into HS4. I use it on my two tstats

One issue i have with the plugin is when the power goes out, the plugin losses connection to the tstats. Then it just floods the hs log with connection issue messages. I need a way to shutdown and restart the plugin via an action if the plugin cant detect a power outage itself.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

you should reach out to Rich at HST and see if you can get him to setup a new portal page for you to take over the plugin. I dont know if he can transfer the current portal to you.

I would really like to see this plugin survive into HS4. I use it on my two tstats

One issue i have with the plugin is when the power goes out, the plugin losses connection to the tstats. Then it just floods the hs log with connection issue messages. I need a way to shutdown and restart the plugin via an action if the plugin cant detect a power outage itself.
                                I have seen the issue you describe on a couple of occasions. I think it only happens with HS4 for some reason. Do you have any information to narrow down what causes the comm loss? I have not tried powering down only the T-stat, Only HS, my Serial to USB converter, etc to isolate it. Detection of the issue would also be nice since the plug-in thinks it is happy.

I believe the issue is fixed by a complete power fail of my HS PC and NOT fixed by just restarting the plug-in. Do you agree?

Comment

Working...
                                X