Mode not identified on tile in grid view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mode not identified on tile in grid view

the mode feature doesn't show (or is not highlighted/identified) on the tile. the mode is listed as Feature # 2

is this a hs4 issue?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	1611965

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	46.6 KB ID:	1611964
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark,

I believe that in HS4, the thermostat card only displays predefined device types. I tried making the "display type" of Mode "Important" which would force it to display on a generic card. It does not change the thermostat display because of the special card.

As far as what is displayed in the top section, I'm not sure why it doesn't display there except that there is not room for all of the icons. I checked the details of the device using TenScriptAid4 and everything looks essentially the same in Mode and features that display. I tried changing the order and that does not cause it to display (I would expect that to work).

I have to guess the most likley cause to be that the Thermostat card thinks it displays the Mode control in the panel and therefore does not display it in the ribbon. As you know, it displays once you click the ribbon on the Thermostat Card and also in List Mode. It sounds like an HS4 bug. I would like to know if other Thermostat plugins experience the same issue with a feature coded Thermostat API(17): Thermostat Mode Setting (3).

Actually, on further inspection of the Thermostat card, I see that the Mode CONTROLS are included on the card as buttons. It would be a nice ask to have the Icon also displayed on the card, or to have the active button show in a pressed state. I was correct, that it is not included in the icon ribbon since it is already displayed on the card.

Tom

Comment

thanks for the reply. I will ask Rich about this
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Rich said the zwave tstat uses a drop down for the mode selection (see below) instead of buttons. thus the current mode is correctly displayed

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	31.9 KB ID:	1612204
        what do you think?​
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think that the Mode control can be changed to a pulldown, but I'll have to test it in HS3 and HS4. That will take some time.

I suppose that the fan mode control is also an issue. It is fairly logical to see what mode it is in, but it gets a little less clear when you have a Cycle mode. It is nice to see the mode choices on the buttons, but the pulldown may be the only way to indicate the current choice and it does make a cleaner thermostat card.

Tom

Comment

So, I fired up HS3 and remember now that it handled buttons by underlining the selected button. HS4 no longer does that. I was holding out for access to the updater to post this fix, but I'll include it here. Disable Omnistat 3 and then Unzip the .exe and copy to your Homeseer root directory (Homeseer HS3 or Homeseer HS4 usually). When you restart it, the thermostats will be updated with the drop-down instead of a button so you can see which AC mode and Fan mode are currently selected.

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tom. i will give it a try today
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i have it installed. will test mode changes and post back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1615988
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X