• Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing a Current Setpoint hs device

Kirby,
    how do i recreate this without deleting and readding the stat
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Go to the plug-in configuration screen. Choose the stat and click on the refresh icon.

Comment

thanks for the quick response. that procedure didn't add the missing device
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
        The current setpoint will only be added if auto change over is configured. What model thermostat do you have? Does auto show up as a mode?

Comment

i have two rc2000 units.

i don't use auto change over (on either), but i do have the 'current setpoint' on one stat but not the other. maybe its because i had auto set when i registered the device but not the other.

if i can ignore/hide the 'current setpoint' and just focus on "Heat Setpoint" while the stat is in heat mode then that would be fine.

can i delete the current setpoint on the one stat that has it defined without breaking anything?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

can i delete the current setpoint on the one stat that has it defined without breaking anything?
            Excellent question. I will have to look at the code to be sure. The ref Id would still be in the thermostat data structure but I try to always check for existence of the device before I perform an operation.

Another option would be to enable auto change over on the thermostat that doesn't have the current setpoint device, refresh the thermostat and then disable the auto change over.

Comment

i'll try your procedure and report back.

fwiw, the plugin can get a callback from hs when a user deletes a device; good for avoiding problems.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok. that procedure worked. enabling auto, then refresh created current setpoint device. so i did the reverse and the current setpoint went away.

turns out i had auto cutover enabled on one stat. so i disabled cutover, refreshed, and the device went away.

all is well. thanks
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

any chance you could add support for scheduled programming to the plugin?

i find the occupancy mode rather difficult to manage
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

any chance you could add support for scheduled programming to the plugin?

i find the occupancy mode rather difficult to manage
                    Now you are pushing it.....

Realistically I don't see that happening any time soon.
                    • I am moving into a new condo and I have a number of projects going on for that.
                    • I would never use the schedules because they are too static. I would much prefer to use events to control occupancy states.
                    • Since I don't see their value, I can't come up with a use case for them. Should they be devices? Should their settings reside on the configuration screen, etc.
                    • You could use the set register functionality of the plugin to set the schedules, but it is not clear to me what the user interface would be.

Sorry,

Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                      Now you are pushing it.....

Realistically I don't see that happening any time soon.
                      • I am moving into a new condo and I have a number of projects going on for that.
                      • I would never use the schedules because they are too static. I would much prefer to use events to control occupancy states.
                      • Since I don't see their value, I can't come up with a use case for them. Should they be devices? Should their settings reside on the configuration screen, etc.
                      • You could use the set register functionality of the plugin to set the schedules, but it is not clear to me what the user interface would be.

Sorry,

Kirby
                      no big deal, just thought i would ask..never hurts.

but to answer your question, in the prev plugin there was screen/table with the days of week across the top and different time periods (morn, day, even, night) down the side, and you just selected the temperatures in each cell. then load them into the stat.

You could save each profile by name. I had a summer, spring, fall, and winter schedule and could just load them when necessary.

Creating all the events to change the temp at various times of the day, for the various days gets to be a lot. also given that i have two stats.

Have fun with the new condo!
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, Mark.
                        There may be some others that share your vision.

I think you should start another thread. If there is consensus on the spec, I may be able to implement it but I don't want to be iterating to a solution.

Kirby

Comment

Working...
                        X