strange behavior with night occupancy mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange behavior with night occupancy mode

i have the "Night Heat Setpoint" set to 69 degs. however when i change the Occupancy Mode to Night, the "Heat Setpoint" gets set to 66 degs.

you can see this in the attached pic.

i have tried changing the "Night Heat Setpoint" to other temps like 71, but 66 still shows up when Night mode is set.

btw. changing the occ mode to the others (day, away, etc) all change the "Heat Setpoint" to the correct temp.

any thoughts on what is going on?
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark,
    I agree that is very strange. My first thought is that there is an event that is being triggered that changes the temp. Have you look at the log? Also, try enabling debug and value change logging to the homeseer log from the config screen and see what is displayed.

Let me know what you find.

Comment

if i manually change occ mode to night here is what i see in the hs log

Jan-07 8:32:21 AM Omnistat 3 Value Changed: Heat Setpoint(Addr:2) Device Type: Heat Setpoint New Value: 66 Old Value: 69
      Jan-07 8:32:21 AM Omnistat 3 Value Changed: Cool Setpoint(Addr:2) Device Type: Cool Setpoint New Value: 69 Old Value: 72
      Jan-07 8:32:19 AM Omnistat 3 Value Changed: Humidity(Addr:1) Device Type: Inside Humidity New Value: 45 Old Value: 44
      Jan-07 8:32:16 AM Omnistat 3 SetStat: Control Pressed Address: 2 Device Type: OCC Value: 1
      Jan-07 8:32:16 AM Omnistat 3 SetIOMulti set value: 1->ref:262
      Jan-07 8:32:16 AM Device Control Device: HVAC Master Current Occupancy Mode to Night (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, Mark.
        I'll try to take a look at it tonight.

Comment

Mark,
          One thought. Since you have an omnistat 2, the occupancy is natively supported by the thermostat. It is possible that the night heat setpoint on the thermostat is out of sync and is different than the device value in HomeSeer.
          Check your setting on the thermostat and see what the setting is. I am thinking that it is set to 66. If it is, change the night heat setpoint in HomeSeer to some other value like 55. Then set it back to the value you want (69) and check to see if it changes on the thermostat.

Comment

kirby,
            i just found something interesting...I hit the Night mode and the plugin set the heat setpoint to the temp of the away setpoint. see the pic
            Attached Files
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
              On your thermostat, go to the Main Menu and select Program. Tell me what the the heat setpoint for night mode is set to.

Comment

see full pic below
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                  Your occupancy temps on your thermostat are out of sync with those in HS.
                  My plugin does not try to keep them in sync. The plugin assumes that it will control the settings.

On the Omnistat 2 thermostats like the one that you have, my plugin only changes the occupancy state when you change from day to night, not the temp. Your thermostat sets itself to the temp that is programmed into the thermostat.

As long as the temps on the thermostat are changed independent of the plugin, you will continue to have strange results.

Comment

Kirby,
                    should i set the programming mode in the stat to None? Will the plugin then set the stat temp according to the occupancy mode i select in the plugin?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No. The plugin looks at the type of thermostat that you have. If it is one that natively supports occupancy then it sets the current occupancy register and not the current setpoint.

I think you should change the values of your occupancy devices to a different temp and then change them back to the desired temp. This should change the temp settings on the stat to match your devices.

Once you do this, everything should work as expected.

Comment

Ok. so when i change the occupancy mode (via hs) from day to night, and the current setpoint changes; where does the new temp value come from? the related hs device, or read from the stat
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The stat.

Comment

ok. i manually adjusted all the heat set points in the plugin, and verified them against the program screen on the stat. I'll see what happens tonight @ 9pm when hs initiates night mode.

thanks for your help
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the above didn't work. There is something going on with the stat itself. every time i go to the program setup, it changes the heat setpoint to 66 regardless of what is on the program screen (like on #8 above)
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X