Instructions on Setting Up Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions on Setting Up Plugin

I thought I would move this to a new thread so someone that knows can see it. Does anyone know where to find a set of current instructions on how to set up this plugin and which thermostats actually work with it? Everything I can find is 2015. thanks
    Last edited by cowinger; May 24, 2018, 10:33 PM.

Maybe I should add that I have the CT101 Radio Thermostat. I was looking for instructions on how to use this with HS. Do I need a particular plugin? If so, which one? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Maybe I should add that I have the CT101 Radio Thermostat. I was looking for instructions on how to use this with HS. Do I need a particular plugin? If so, which one? thanks
      If I recall, the 101 is Z-Wave based and not IP/Wifi based. If this is the case, you'll have to control it as a Z-Wave device using a HomeSeer compatible Z-Wave adapter. This plugin only works with the Wifi/IP versions.

If you are running a wifi version, the plugin will automatically discover the thermostat shortly after it is enabled. This assumes that the computer running the plugin and the thermostat are on the same network.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
        If I recall, the 101 is Z-Wave based and not IP/Wifi based. If this is the case, you'll have to control it as a Z-Wave device using a HomeSeer compatible Z-Wave adapter. This plugin only works with the Wifi/IP versions.

If you are running a wifi version, the plugin will automatically discover the thermostat shortly after it is enabled. This assumes that the computer running the plugin and the thermostat are on the same network.

Thanks kingfetty. I do believe it is z-wave. I have the smartstick+ so that should work. I didn't know HS handles z-wave thermostats without any plugin. Good to know. If I get a wifi version I know now which plugin to use.

Comment

Does anyone know if this plugin works with a CT-30 model? It is Z-wave

Comment

Working...
          X