On going error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On going error

Jun-20 12:11:13 PM RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat.Update() at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat..ctor(String IP, HttpClient WebClient) at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()

Originally posted by MStan View Post
    Jun-20 12:11:13 PM RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat.Update() at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Thermostat..ctor(String IP, HttpClient WebClient) at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()
    Thanks for the report.

When did it start occuring?
    Have you changed anything recently?
    Have you tried restarting the System? Plugin?
    How often does the error occur?
    Are you able to access your thermostat(s) via web interface by going to( http://{IP}/tstat )?

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      Thanks for the report.

When did it start occuring?

Have you changed anything recently?

Have you tried restarting the System? Plugin?

How often does the error occur?

Are you able to access your thermostat(s) via web interface by going to( http://{IP}/tstat )?
      No I can't access it by its ip address... It seems to be working find tho via there ios app. I just cant access it local.

Comment

If you're not able to access it via the IP locally, then the plugin won't work. The plugin does the exact same thing as your browser does. Issues an HTTP command to get the variables and parses that and sends it to HomeSeer.

I have had this happen to my thermostats on occasion. If you remove the top plate of the thermostat (where the batteries are) there is a gray button to reset the thermostat. Push this, give it a few minutes to reset and reconnect to the wireless network and then check to see if you can reach the thermostat now.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
          If you're not able to access it via the IP locally, then the plugin won't work. The plugin does the exact same thing as your browser does. Issues an HTTP command to get the variables and parses that and sends it to HomeSeer.

I have had this happen to my thermostats on occasion. If you remove the top plate of the thermostat (where the batteries are) there is a gray button to reset the thermostat. Push this, give it a few minutes to reset and reconnect to the wireless network and then check to see if you can reach the thermostat now.
          Ok I reset it...lets see how long it lasts.

Comment

Ok I reset it...lets see how long it lasts.
            It Keeps losing the connection. Not sure what to do.

Comment

It Keeps losing the connection. Not sure what to do.
              Does the reset cause it to start working?
              How close to the Wireless Access Point is the Thermostat?
              I have had reports from people either having it too far, or another device malfunctioning cause wireless "noise" that was kicking the thermostat off the network.

I'm working on some added features to the plugin that will allow it to notify when connectivity to the Thermostat is unreachable, but that feature is still in development. It still won't fix your issue, but simply allow you to know when it's happening.

How old is the thermostat? Is it possible the wifi snap module is failing in it? I'll do a look through the code on my side to see if there's anything I can do to help out here.

Comment

Check out this link see if it helps.

https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...nt/issues/8404

Comment

Check out this link see if it helps.

https://github.com/home-assistant/ho...nt/issues/8404
                  Thanks, I'll give it a read.

Comment

After reading into this, we may be running into the same issue. My plugin has 2 different threads that run. One that scans for thermostats every so often to do a discovery if any new ones are added to the network. The other one polls the thermostats to see if there are any changes.

I will be experimenting with mine here at the house to see if we're getting into a polling war between the 2 threads. I'll keep you all updated as to what I find.

Comment

After some experimenting it looks like we may gain better stability by switching to a single threaded polling method that is more spaced out and has more relaxed timeout scheduling.

I'll be making these adjustments. After I've tested internally sufficiently, you can look for a release. I'll post back in the forums when it's ready.

Comment

New build has been submitted to HomeSeer to publish. This build has run internally for the past 4 days with zero errors in communication with all 4 of my thermostats. I changed the threading back to single threading and increased the timeout value for the http client to 1 minute.

Expect to see version 1.2018.0702.57483 in the updater sometime this week (once HomeSeer posts it)

Comment

Eric - I wanted to give you a pat on the back for finally fixing a problem with your plugin:

Around 8/18/18 I saw version 1.2018.0702.57483 in the updater and installed it. I noticed that the plugin kept the HomeSeer devices updated like one would expect it to. On 8/28/18 a storm moved through and caused a 3+ hour power black out, and after bringing all my servers back up it was talking to the thermostat again.

Today I see that your plugin is still communicating with my CT-80 thermostat, even after all that time. "Atta boy!" and THANKS!

I will continue to monitor your plugin and my CT-80 because I still see issues with your plugin:

- Maybe you can now work on the CT-80 additional devices as they are still not working at all
                          - I still see these errors in the log on a multiple-times-a-day basis:
                          RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()
                          I don't know what this affects so at this point I'm concerned about reliability with the heating season coming upon us.

But, again, thanks for getting this bug worked out for me!

Steve
                          (I'm double posting this from post below)
                          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Can you be so kind as to list all the devices that do not work so that I can track down those issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X