Radio Thermostat duplicating thermostat devices HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Thermostat duplicating thermostat devices HS4

I gave been using this fantastic plugin with my CT50 wifi interface to a 3M Filtrite thermostat under HS3 for years. I upgraded to HS4 and now about every hour the plugin (or HS4) generates a new device. Until I noticed this HS had created some 30 duplicate devices. Only the original actually works. I have tried deleting the plugin re-installing it but nothing stops it from multiplying. It took my device ID count from in the 600 to 1300. How can I stop this? I hope you are still supporting this Plugin. Do you have plans to update it for HS4?

Originally posted by boblounsbur View Post
    I gave been using this fantastic plugin with my CT50 wifi interface to a 3M Filtrite thermostat under HS3 for years. I upgraded to HS4 and now about every hour the plugin (or HS4) generates a new device. Until I noticed this HS had created some 30 duplicate devices. Only the original actually works. I have tried deleting the plugin re-installing it but nothing stops it from multiplying. It took my device ID count from in the 600 to 1300. How can I stop this? I hope you are still supporting this Plugin. Do you have plans to update it for HS4?
    I don't know anything about this particular plug-in but there is a bug in HS4 which can affect thermostat plug-ins that store configuration information in the PED of the root device. A resolution is being tested in HS4 version 4.1.5.1. Hopefully it will be in the next official release and you might find it cures your problem, if it is related.

Steve

Comment

Steve, Thank You I will await V4.1.5.1 and keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by boblounsbur View Post
        Steve, Thank You I will await V4.1.5.1 and keep my fingers crossed.
        You could test 4.1.5.1 now by copying the download link for 4.1.5.0 and editing it to 4.1.5.1 to download the beta.
        If you do then make sure you backup your whole HS4 directory first as it is a beta.
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X