1.0.15351.20 - Failed getting InterfaceStatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.15351.20 - Failed getting InterfaceStatus

I updated to the new version that was posted today, 1.0.15351.20. The plugin installed fine but when it starts up I get the following error message on the plugin page:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    And this one in the event log:

Initializing plug-in(2): RadioThermostat Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
    It was working fine previous to this. Any idea what to do?

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
    I updated to the new version that was posted today, 1.0.15351.20. The plugin installed fine but when it starts up I get the following error message on the plugin page:

And this one in the event log:

It was working fine previous to this. Any idea what to do?
    Put this config file next to the exe in the homeseer directory. Or just wait until tomorrow for the new update to hit that fixes the issue. Ultimately, the problem is it can't find the json dll in the /bin/radiothermostat directory.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
      Put this config file next to the exe in the homeseer directory. Or just wait until tomorrow for the new update to hit that fixes the issue. Ultimately, the problem is it can't find the json dll in the /bin/radiothermostat directory.
      Thanks for the quick response. It can wait until tomorrow.

Comment

I haven't posted a while due to the holidays. But I'm still having this issue. The plugins page shows that an update is available (1.0.15351.21) but when I download it the executable is still the old version (1.0.15351.20).

The config file is in the same directory as the executable.

I've tried removing the plugin completely and re-installing but I get the same results.

Comment

Same here, the warning still exists on the pluging overview, and the log:

Initializing plug-in(2): RadioThermostat Instance:e objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.STACK: bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) bij HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) bij Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces().

Downloaded the pluging today, but indeed the version remains .20 and updater suggests an update to .21, but after updating the version is not updated....

Unable to configure the thermostate!

Comment

Just got back into town after the holidays. Taking a look to see what I can find. Standby.

Comment

New update should show up either today or tomorrow with fixes.

Comment

Thanks Eric

Comment

Problem updating Radiothermostat Plugin

I just updated to version .......25 from ....20. It states that it was successfully installed, but on the manage plugins page this error appears:
                  WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

AND

the plugin disappears from the list of plugins, so it is not possible to refresh my list of thermostats.

Elliott

PS: Closing down HS3 and restarting did not fix this problem.
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                    I just updated to version .......25 from ....20. It states that it was successfully installed, but on the manage plugins page this error appears:

AND

the plugin disappears from the list of plugins, so it is not possible to refresh my list of thermostats.

Elliott

PS: Closing down HS3 and restarting did not fix this problem.
                    Similar problem here. The exe updates successfully, and I don't see an error in the logs. But I see the error on the plugin page, and I can't access the configuration page.
                    Last edited by joey52685; January 11, 2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks.
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

I went back to 1.0.15351.20 to get my Radiothermostat plugin to work.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                          Similar problem here. The exe updates successfully, and I don't see an error in the logs. But I see the error on the plugin page, and I can't access the configuration page.
                          Hmm, this is all quite odd. It's working on all of my development boxes just fine. The original problem came from the fact that it needs the JSON.NET dll in order to work. The issue is that many other plugins also use JSON.NET but in a variety of versions. So my plugin places the JSON.NET in a sub-directory and looks for it there. It seems for some reason it still may not be finding the JSON.NET dll in the sub-directory.

Also there's some huge bug fixes in .25 that you'll want. In .20 there's a problem where it creates duplicate thermostats every time it starts the plugin. So we definitely want to find out why .25 isn't working for you and get you onto that.

Comment

I've posted a new version 1.0.16011.28 that embeds the JSON.NET assembly inside the executable so it's guaranteed to find it. Please give that version a shot and see if it works any better for you.

Comment

Installed this version (1.0.16011.28) and got on the Manage Plugins page:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from RadioThermostat - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed. Restarting HS3 did not fix the problem. Also, the Plugin is visible and I can see the thermostat configuration tab, but selecting this tab does not bring up the configuration page.

However, disabling and re-enabling the plugin seems to have fixed these issues.

Elliott

Comment

Working...
                              X