Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jono
    replied
    There is hope for this plug in. Krumpy and I figured out that the problem is that the Cool Set Point in the plug in sets the heat set point on the RCS thermostat. The Heat Set Point in the plugin works just fine (also setting the heat set point on the thermostat). Krumpy is kind enough to take a look at this and see if he can fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    This is crazy... Send me private message with your contact info and I'll see what I can do for you.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    started a topic HS3 RCS Serial set point bug work around

HS3 RCS Serial set point bug work around

Ok, I give up. I bought 5 RCS Serial Thermostats specifically because HS supported them. I ran them on HS2 for years after successfully navigating the HS2 set point bug. Now there is an HS3 version. It has another set point bug, and it requires slightly different work around.
    In HS2 there was a simple work around which was to set the heat set point first, then the cool set point.
    For HS3, you also to set the heat set point first , but must use a value that is higher than the heat set point you want by an amount equal to the thermostat deadband (the number of degrees between the cool and heat set points). In my case that is 4 degrees. So to set the heat at 73, I need enter a heat set point of 77. Then one can set the cool set point at any number 77 or higher.
    I have about 50 RCS Serial events and now I have to adjust them to all work with fake numbers.
    Perhaps the best way to run RCS Thermostats in HS3 is to just use HS2 and Jon00's connector between HS2 and HS3.
Working...
X