Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSTouch for RCS Serial thermostats in HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    It’s really not my plugin, I just made some very minor changes to HomeSeer’s plugin. If others want it, then I will send it back to HomeSeer to distribute however they want.
    BUMP!

    I don't know what to do here. The RCS Serial plugin I download from HomeSeer updater in HS3 simply does not work the same way it worked in HS2. Not even close. I am unable to make my thermostats available in HSTouch, the API function is not there (as pointed out in this thread above). I need some help here. Is there a reasonably working RSC plugin in HS3 or am I faced with complete REDO? I have 6 RSC thermostats in this house. Replacing them with other communicating thermostats will be nearly $1000. If there is a software solution, please help me find it. This setup was working great in HS2. Now, through no fault of my own, I can't even use HS2.

    Please assist.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
      Please assist.
      Have you found a solution? I'm running RCS Zwave thermostats all contained in a Faraday cage with wired connections to the furnaces and to the various temp sensors throughout the house. I would like to ditch the ghetto Z-wave setup and use the RCS thermostat board that supports multiple thermostats.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

        Have you found a solution? I'm running RCS Zwave thermostats all contained in a Faraday cage with wired connections to the furnaces and to the various temp sensors throughout the house. I would like to ditch the ghetto Z-wave setup and use the RCS thermostat board that supports multiple thermostats.
        I have not found a solution. It is really a sad situation for me. I have 6 thermostats wired in throughout the house that work great. But because HS people decided to abandon the RCS Serial plugin, I maybe forced into an expensive replace. I was hoping to ask someone who has the knowledge to see if possible to update but don't even know who to ask.

        To review the problem: HS3 does not correctly install RCS Serial plugin. In HS2, plugin finds thermostats and installs them as HS devices with Thermostat API support. Plugin also has 2 pages under Plugin menu. The Status page (most useful) and the config page. In HS3, the plugin of coarse loads but it does not correctly setup the thermostats. When looking at each device it creates, the advanced menu says "NO API" and the plugin menu only has the config page. The status page can not be reached. I still believe it would not be difficult to make those things work, but not sure how to go about this.

        Comment


          #19
          If you have Z-wave you should consider GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Battery-Powered Thermostat - White. I purchased 4 (open box returns)on ebay for $30/ea and they work great with HS3 (and I assume HS4).

          Comment


            #20
            To conclude this thread I will say this.

            I do not like wireless thermostats because of inconsistent polling results. Also, my 6 RCS Serial thermostat setup works great through RS486 serial hub. Never had a signal problem since 2006. I am limited by the RCS HS2 plugin not working correctly in HS3 or 4. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN RE-WRITE THIS PLUGIN. I WILL PAY!

            F

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
              To conclude this thread I will say this.

              I do not like wireless thermostats because of inconsistent polling results. Also, my 6 RCS Serial thermostat setup works great through RS486 serial hub. Never had a signal problem since 2006. I am limited by the RCS HS2 plugin not working correctly in HS3 or 4. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN RE-WRITE THIS PLUGIN. I WILL PAY!

              F
              By far your cheapest and best long term solution is the GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Battery-Powered Thermostat - White. They DO NOT require a plug-in.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
                To conclude this thread I will say this.

                I do not like wireless thermostats because of inconsistent polling results. Also, my 6 RCS Serial thermostat setup works great through RS486 serial hub. Never had a signal problem since 2006. I am limited by the RCS HS2 plugin not working correctly in HS3 or 4. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN RE-WRITE THIS PLUGIN. I WILL PAY!

                F

                I agree that we shouldn't have to upgrade thermostats every few years. My serial thermostats are rock solid with HS2 and I am trying to get them to work with HS3/4. I did purchase HS4, but would like to integrate these like I could in HS2. For now, the HS connector app looks promising since The thermostat application is critical. I prefer to have only one instance of HS running, but will run multiples for a short while until I find a better option. A wireless or cloud solution is not reliable enough for me.

                This single application is driving me to other solutions...so frustrating.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Spot View Post


                  I agree that we shouldn't have to upgrade thermostats every few years. My serial thermostats are rock solid with HS2 and I am trying to get them to work with HS3/4. I did purchase HS4, but would like to integrate these like I could in HS2. For now, the HS connector app looks promising since The thermostat application is critical. I prefer to have only one instance of HS running, but will run multiples for a short while until I find a better option. A wireless or cloud solution is not reliable enough for me.

                  This single application is driving me to other solutions...so frustrating.
                  In case you have RCS Serial Thermostat, I now have an actual HS3 version of plugin that BLADE has developed a few weeks ago. It works great. You can contact BLADE to get access to this thermostat. It work-in HS3 and HS4.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by chubafelix View Post

                    In case you have RCS Serial Thermostat, I now have an actual HS3 version of plugin that BLADE has developed a few weeks ago. It works great. You can contact BLADE to get access to this thermostat. It work-in HS3 and HS4.
                    Wow!! Thanks for the info. I will reach out to him.....

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X