HSTouch for RCS Serial thermostats in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    It’s really not my plugin, I just made some very minor changes to HomeSeer’s plugin. If others want it, then I will send it back to HomeSeer to distribute however they want.
    BUMP!

I don't know what to do here. The RCS Serial plugin I download from HomeSeer updater in HS3 simply does not work the same way it worked in HS2. Not even close. I am unable to make my thermostats available in HSTouch, the API function is not there (as pointed out in this thread above). I need some help here. Is there a reasonably working RSC plugin in HS3 or am I faced with complete REDO? I have 6 RSC thermostats in this house. Replacing them with other communicating thermostats will be nearly $1000. If there is a software solution, please help me find it. This setup was working great in HS2. Now, through no fault of my own, I can't even use HS2.

Please assist.

Comment

Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
      Please assist.
      Have you found a solution? I'm running RCS Zwave thermostats all contained in a Faraday cage with wired connections to the furnaces and to the various temp sensors throughout the house. I would like to ditch the ghetto Z-wave setup and use the RCS thermostat board that supports multiple thermostats.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

Have you found a solution? I'm running RCS Zwave thermostats all contained in a Faraday cage with wired connections to the furnaces and to the various temp sensors throughout the house. I would like to ditch the ghetto Z-wave setup and use the RCS thermostat board that supports multiple thermostats.
        I have not found a solution. It is really a sad situation for me. I have 6 thermostats wired in throughout the house that work great. But because HS people decided to abandon the RCS Serial plugin, I maybe forced into an expensive replace. I was hoping to ask someone who has the knowledge to see if possible to update but don't even know who to ask.

To review the problem: HS3 does not correctly install RCS Serial plugin. In HS2, plugin finds thermostats and installs them as HS devices with Thermostat API support. Plugin also has 2 pages under Plugin menu. The Status page (most useful) and the config page. In HS3, the plugin of coarse loads but it does not correctly setup the thermostats. When looking at each device it creates, the advanced menu says "NO API" and the plugin menu only has the config page. The status page can not be reached. I still believe it would not be difficult to make those things work, but not sure how to go about this.

Comment

If you have Z-wave you should consider GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Battery-Powered Thermostat - White. I purchased 4 (open box returns)on ebay for $30/ea and they work great with HS3 (and I assume HS4).

Comment

Working...
          X