Unable to interpret command D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to interpret command D1

I have installed the latest version (dll) after getting rid of the ocx file. I have a 4 zone system with t-stats connected to a zcv4 which is connected to a 8ah232 and finally into the computer. The three t-stats are set to address 1,2, and 3 by the zcv4 board.

When set up as zone controllers:
    The first stat shows fine in your software but the other 2 don't show any data/temp on your page but do in the HS2 status window.

When set up as stand alone:
    When set up as stand alone with address' 1,2,3 all three t-stats show in your software and also in the HS2 status page. I set the t-stats up with the address 1,2,3 corrisponding with the zones 1,2,3.

With both setups I get the following:
    I a getting the following:

Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=A=0 O=3 H1A=1 H2A=0 H3A=0 C1A=0 C2A=0 FA=1 VA=0 D1=0 D2=1 D3=1 D4=0 SM=H SF=1 SCP=20

"In processCDM, property= D1"
    "unable to interpret command D1"

followed by "In processCDM, property= D2" "unable to interpret command D2", "In processCDM, property= D3""unable to interpret command D3" and finally "In processCDM, property= D4" "unable to interpret command D4" and than it loops back through them.

What might I have done wrong in the setup and what is the D1 - D4 anyway? What else do you need to know to correct the problem I am having

Bill
    Last edited by williamwyoung; December 31, 2006, 03:38 AM. Reason: more info

Originally posted by williamwyoung View Post
    What might I have done wrong in the setup and what is the D1 - D4 anyway? What else do you need to know to correct the problem I am having
    FWIW, Dn is damper status for zone n. It looks like the plugin isn't fully conversant with zone controllers yet.

- Dennis Brothers

Comment

Next step

Any idea how I would get it to read the zone controller for the damper values?

Bill

Comment

It looks like you don't, until RJ updates the plugin to be more zone-controller-aware.

- Dennis Brothers

Comment

Hi Guys-

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117708

As you'll see at the end of the thread, the plugin is actually reading the values correctly, but due to a logic blip it is also writing the message. The plugin should be all set for zone controllers, and sometime this week I will post a new build that resolves the current issues.
          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Thanks

Hey, thanks - if you need any more info on the zone controller to aid in your development let me know. In the end, I will have the 4 zone control (2-TS40s + 1-TS16) plus a seperate stand along TR40 in the house system.

I did notice that the HOLD readout for address 2 and 3 was not working correctly. Address 1 picks up the status of the Hold/Normal setting correctly but it doesn't display the correct position for the t-stats with address 2 or 3 in my setup on your t-stat page. All other information is displayed correctly on those t-stats. Setting up an event to change the HOLD/NORMAL status does in fact cause the change but it is just not reading it for the HS plugins display.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill -

I am posting a new build right now that should resolve this. Please give it a try.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Just picked up new version

and will try it out over the next couple of days.

Bill

Comment

New Plugin works to get rid of unable to interpret

command D1 - D4.

Thanks.

The hold/Normal status displays for the 2nd and 3rd t-stat still do not display right. When the actual t-stat is set to Hold they still will read Normal. Other than that the plugin seems to be working fine.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X