Ts 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ts 16

I can't find any details on this thermostat. Does it accept set points from a remote device - PC? Does it send room temperature to the remote device - PC? I know the TR 16 has this functionality but am not sure about the TS model.

If you want to know more information about my installation, please see the General threads from this weekend, Multiple Radiant Heat Zones.

Refer to page 10 of the manual

http://www.resconsys.com/docs/thermo...1-00930-09.pdf

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

The TS16 and TS40 are just head units. They are designed to be used with the ZC4 zone controller. They won't function by themselves.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a TR16 head unit with a zc4 controller. How do i configure that in the plugin? All i see is the option for standalone, zcv controller, zc6r zone controller, and sensor.

I ask because I'm not able to control it at all using events or the asp page.

I'm running hsPro 2.4.0.4

Thanks,

Ian
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

You will want to add it as a standalone since it isn't connected to a zone controller.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

I tried that, and i'm not able to control it at all either with events or the asp page. I was able to before upgrading to hs 2.4.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, no luck. i've checked the wiring, it's all good.

I have debug info, but it's all Greek to me, is there a secret debug decoder ring somewhere?

Ian
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

There are some 'quirks' with the configuration pages if I recall right. Exit HS, then re-launch and see if the configuration page actually looks correct. If I recall correctly, I ended up editing the config file directly one time. Do you see any data on the thermostat page (not the device). On my end, the device(s) that are created are hosed.

Comment

here's my config page. The config page actually seems to look fine, but the device page lacks the controls and updated info, the status page lacks updated info from polling.

could you post your config file, so i could see how you edited it?

thanks,

Ian
                Plugins:

Comment

looks like i forgot to attach the images. Here they are.
                  Attached Files
                  Plugins:

Comment

Is the COM port of the plug-in set correctly on the Interface tab?

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab View Post
                      Is the COM port of the plug-in set correctly on the Interface tab?

Yep, it is. Do you see something that makes you think it HS isn't communicating w/ the Com port?
                      Plugins:

Comment

Have you changed hardware since this last worked? Is the serial cable connected directly to an "on-board" com port?

Comment

Nothing's changed in the hardware. I have two Edgeport USB-RS232 boxes, an 8 and 4. The RCS is plugged into that.

I'll try using hyperterminal to confirm the com connection is good, and post results.

ian
                          Plugins:

Comment

can't find the instructions for how to use hyperterminal to test it, but i notice this in my startup

12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: RCS Serial Thermostats on COM port 512/21/2009 10:50:37 AM RCS Serial Thermostats 1 Thermostats created Successfully.12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in RCS Serial Thermostats12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Finished initializing X10 interface

My comport is connected to the rs485 converter, which is connected to the hvac controller, which has the ts16 thermostat connected to it. Is that right? It worked that way before, i'm just checking.

I double checked the 485 converter, it seems to be wired correctly, but i'll check again to make sure.
                            Plugins:

Comment

That does not mean its communicating. The install instructions are on the RCS website.

Comment

Working...
                              X