Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• completelyhis
    replied
    Well, it seems that I have no communication with the com port, so i'm gion to get to work on that.

thanks,

Ian

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    ok, thanks. i'll get the info from their site. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    That does not mean its communicating. The install instructions are on the RCS website.

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    can't find the instructions for how to use hyperterminal to test it, but i notice this in my startup

12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: RCS Serial Thermostats on COM port 512/21/2009 10:50:37 AM RCS Serial Thermostats 1 Thermostats created Successfully.12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in RCS Serial Thermostats12/21/2009 10:50:37 AM Plug-In Finished initializing X10 interface

My comport is connected to the rs485 converter, which is connected to the hvac controller, which has the ts16 thermostat connected to it. Is that right? It worked that way before, i'm just checking.

I double checked the 485 converter, it seems to be wired correctly, but i'll check again to make sure.

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    Nothing's changed in the hardware. I have two Edgeport USB-RS232 boxes, an 8 and 4. The RCS is plugged into that.

I'll try using hyperterminal to confirm the com connection is good, and post results.

ian

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Have you changed hardware since this last worked? Is the serial cable connected directly to an "on-board" com port?

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    Originally posted by jstaab View Post
    Is the COM port of the plug-in set correctly on the Interface tab?

Yep, it is. Do you see something that makes you think it HS isn't communicating w/ the Com port?

Leave a comment:

• jstaab
    replied
    Is the COM port of the plug-in set correctly on the Interface tab?

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    looks like i forgot to attach the images. Here they are.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    here's my config page. The config page actually seems to look fine, but the device page lacks the controls and updated info, the status page lacks updated info from polling.

could you post your config file, so i could see how you edited it?

thanks,

Ian

Leave a comment:

• jstaab
    replied
    There are some 'quirks' with the configuration pages if I recall right. Exit HS, then re-launch and see if the configuration page actually looks correct. If I recall correctly, I ended up editing the config file directly one time. Do you see any data on the thermostat page (not the device). On my end, the device(s) that are created are hosed.

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    I tried that, and i'm not able to control it at all either with events or the asp page. I was able to before upgrading to hs 2.4.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, no luck. i've checked the wiring, it's all good.

I have debug info, but it's all Greek to me, is there a secret debug decoder ring somewhere?

Ian

Leave a comment:

• jstaab
    replied
    You will want to add it as a standalone since it isn't connected to a zone controller.

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    I have a TR16 head unit with a zc4 controller. How do i configure that in the plugin? All i see is the option for standalone, zcv controller, zc6r zone controller, and sensor.

I ask because I'm not able to control it at all using events or the asp page.

I'm running hsPro 2.4.0.4

Thanks,

Ian

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The TS16 and TS40 are just head units. They are designed to be used with the ZC4 zone controller. They won't function by themselves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X