Plug-in for ZWave TZ40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in for ZWave TZ40

I was thinking of purchasing a TZ40 thermostat, but I looks like there is no RCS plugin for this. Is one in the works? Is there an advantage to the RCS plug-ins vs. the standard Z-wave thermostat plug-in? If so I will go with the the serial version I guess. I seems I would need the RS485 - RS232 adapter too then?

Any help by someone with experience is appreciated.

I have the TZ40, and I ended up converting it to the rs485 version. The Zwave version has a module that hooks up instead of the rs485. I switched over, because the serial version has more options. Some of the features the zwave module just doesn't support. A message in with RCS says to contact zwave, and a message in with zwave said to contact RCS. So I just gave up and went with the rs485 option. I think I paid $12 for the rs232 - rs485 converter on ebay.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Thanks Zimmer. Spending the money on the convertor was turning me off to the serial version. I will look for a convertor on eBay.

Comment

Working...
      X