Hold status after reboot is incorrect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold status after reboot is incorrect.

I am also seeing this problem with the latest plug-in (version 2.3.2770.14681). I'm using two TR40's and the problem happens with each.

The TR40 labels this as "hold" or "run". The plug-in calls this "hold" or "normal". It would be nice to correct the plug-in wording so it matches the actual thermostat.

It appears the plug-in can control the hold/run setting without any problem. It simply doesn't read the status correctly. If the hold/run setting is changed on the thermostat, the new value should (eventually) be reflected in the plug-in.
    Last edited by Mountainman; May 23, 2008, 09:34 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I just filed a helpdesk ticket on this.

Comment

I have the same thing...it is annoying.

Hope they get it fixed.

Comment

Mountainman,
          Did you ever get some traction on this help ticket? I have 5 TR40s and HS controls them fine, but does not read hold vs. normal status correctly. Other than that, it is a fabulous plug in.

Comment

I received a response within a day of submitting the ticket. HST said they have other work to do that is more important than this so it will be a while.

Since it's been 2 months, I asked for an update on getting it fixed.

Comment

Thanks Mountainman. To the HS folks, perhaps this clarification will help chase down the bugs.

1. The reporting of Hold/Normal is inaccurate and inconsistent. I have 5 TR40s and when I set all of them to "hold", some report that way and some still say "normal". The reporting of temperature setpoints and actual temperature appears fine.

2. The reporting problem appears on the HS Status page, as well as the RCS Serial tab. Using the buttons on the RCS serial tab, one can set "hold" but it does not report as "hold" even after the button click.

3. A separate issue (not at all critical for operation): The HS status page always reports the Last Change as "Never Set". It would be nice to see it report the last time that HS changed the thermostat settings.

Thanks. This is a great plug-in.

Comment

I also requested that the plug-in report when it can not communicate with a thermostat. If the HVAC system fails and it is located remotely, there is no indication of this. Currently it keeps reporting the last data even if it isn't able to communicate with a thermostat. That's misleading.

Comment

My help desk ticket is now 5 months old on fixing these problems and the work hasn't been started....very disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                  X