HVAC Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC Status?

Has *anyone* been able to get a proper script working to get the individual HVAC component states out of the plug-in like we used to be able to get?

I want to track zone on/off times and set temps against measured temps so I need discreet devices. I've hacked the old script to pieces. Most of the same calls seem to be exposed in the plug-in but they return completely different or seemingly random data (or sometimes just error out).

Jon
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
      Has *anyone* been able to get a proper script working to get the individual HVAC component states out of the plug-in like we used to be able to get?

I want to track zone on/off times and set temps against measured temps so I need discreet devices. I've hacked the old script to pieces. Most of the same calls seem to be exposed in the plug-in but they return completely different or seemingly random data (or sometimes just error out).

Jon
      Jon,

Can you give an example? I didn't get into the old plug-in at the script level, but am getting to the point where I want to start tightening my control with the current serial interface.

Dave

Comment

We used to be able to run a script that populated the following devices similar to:

HVAC system state Heat1
        HVAC fan state: On
        Zone 1: Heat Call
        Zone 2: No Call
        Zone 1 Damper: Open
        Zone 2 Damper: Closed

Then you could log run times, temperatures, etc. It was quite handy to figure out the most cost effective yet comfortable set-back temperatures, and to just be able to see and set events based on what the system is doing.

Jon

Originally posted by Spot View Post
        Jon,

Can you give an example? I didn't get into the old plug-in at the script level, but am getting to the point where I want to start tightening my control with the current serial interface.

Dave
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
        X