8AH232 - RS485 8 Channel Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8AH232 - RS485 8 Channel Hub

I found this in the HS store. Anybody using it and what benefits? Is there a plugin or native support?

Originally posted by sponnath View Post
    I found this in the HS store. Anybody using it and what benefits? Is there a plugin or native support?
    It sounds great, but how many RS-485 devices do you have? My needs were simple (2 thermostats) and I met them with a cheap (ebay) RS-232 to 485 converter and a daisy-chain configuration....3 years and no problems.

Comment

I'm using one with the RCS serial plug-in and haven't had any problems. The main benefit is the wiring is straightforward for up to 8 devices as each device can be on its own channel. More than 8 devices are supported through daisy-chaining.

Comment

So if I have one of these and their sensors, I get an HS unit for each temp sensor automatically?

Unfortunately, my TR40 is an RS232 based unit.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your question. The TR40 supports multiple temperature sensors attached to it. Unfortunately there is no way that software connected to the RS-485 port can read the temperatures from each sensor. If the TR40 is put into averaging mode, for example, then only the average temperature is reported from the TR40 back to HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
          X