No announcement yet.

Setpoint bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered a bug in the firmware of my first zone controller and was completely surprised that you couldn't update the firmware. I of course had to send the controller back to be replaced. I noticed that in my new controller, there are multiple boards, so maybe they can send you only the piece that needs replaced. I still would think they would focus on allowing the end user to update the firmware like all other modern devices. For that matter, I can now update the firmware in my TV, who would have thought!?

Anyway, this needs corrected ASAP, especially this time of year. I too only recently disovered this bug since this time of year rolled around.
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

If I ever need to update the firmware in a controller, I was thinking of asking RCS for a loaner unit while they update it. It's too bad they can't be updated in the field especially since there is already a network interface in the design.

I went ahead and opened a help desk ticket on this problem, too.

Comment

my RCS controllers have JTAG connectors on them... so I am wondering if bruce at RCS would be willing to send firmware and you could update it yourself via the JTAG...I sent my unit back and got a new one... my old unit was 100% reliable other than a bug when 2 zones are set at the exact same setpoints and modes.. when those zones both were running and reached the same temperature the controller output as one of the dampers going closed even though both zones were not at their setpoints....

my new controller seems to want to lose comms with the TS-40 display at times...
        -Christopher
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I don't recall if there were any new connectors on the ZCV6 that I just bought, however the board layout was definatelly different, actually there were numerous boards. The ZCV4 that I have is one board, no extra connectors from what I recall. They do need to seriously consider allowing for firmware updates. I had to send my first one back because it has a software bug.

Comment

Well, it's been about 2 months and I haven't received a single response on my help ticket on this bug. This is frustrating since spring is already here.

Please submit a ticket to HST if you see this problem.

Comment

There is work being done on it, however, they are fixing other issues with the plugin as well.

Comment

Excellent. Is HST working with you?

Comment

Yes, occasionally...

Comment

Working...
                  X