RCS Communication Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS Communication Problem

My TR60 thermostat send the info to the HS system. However when I put a change in on the computer the thermostat neer gets the change. I appears as if the wiring is correct since I do get the from the stat. Did I miss anything on the set up? Any suggestions!

How exactly are you sending the commands to the stat? Event, etc?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

updating thermostat

I am using the thermostat status button, it then pulls up teh thermostat with all the information as far as current temp and set point. I than change the set point and hit teh button next to the new set point. A blue bar appear at teh bottom of the screen as if it is transfering the data. However nothing changes on the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor View Post
        I am using the thermostat status button, it then pulls up teh thermostat with all the information as far as current temp and set point. I than change the set point and hit teh button next to the new set point. A blue bar appear at teh bottom of the screen as if it is transfering the data. However nothing changes on the thermostat.
        What version of HomeSeer are you running? Do you have the latest RCS plugin loaded from the HS updater? Are there any errors in the HS log file when the commands are sent?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Have you tried using the RCS software? This would allow you to confirm that all the wiring is correct. If it works, then you know it is a Homeseer issue. If it doesn't work, then you know it is something else.

Comment

System info

I am using the Pro-100. The software version is 2.4.0.6 and I used the current RCS plugin the Homeseer said they just updated yesterday on their update site.

Comment

I just realized that I did not put the 100 ohm resistor at the end of the RS 485 line at the thermostat control module, could this have caused the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                What version of HomeSeer are you running? Do you have the latest RCS plugin loaded from the HS updater? Are there any errors in the HS log file when the commands are sent?
                I have the HS Pro-100 with 2.4.0.6 and the latest plugin. I am at work and realized that I forgot to put the 100 ohm resistor at teh end of the RS485 line could this have caused the problem

Comment

Working...
                X