Trouble with Configuring TR40 T-Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Configuring TR40 T-Stats

I have just installed four TR40 Thermostats to a 8 port 232/485 hub. I can see that the hub is polling by the blinking lights. I can send a command for fan on and the fan will come on for my main floor unit. However HS is not showing any of the data in the device? How do I get it to read. It seems to be sending data only and not receiving.

I also have an issue with my upstairs unit where the screen is locked under the programers screen. There is a Y next to Display lock and I have tried every combination I can think of but can not clear the Y out. With the screen locked you can not set up the temperatures or change them.

Originally posted by Tonyl View Post
    I have just installed four TR40 Thermostats to a 8 port 232/485 hub. I can see that the hub is polling by the blinking lights. I can send a command for fan on and the fan will come on for my main floor unit. However HS is not showing any of the data in the device? How do I get it to read. It seems to be sending data only and not receiving.
    Do you have polling enabled?
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyl View Post
      I also have an issue with my upstairs unit where the screen is locked under the programers screen. There is a Y next to Display lock and I have tried every combination I can think of but can not clear the Y out. With the screen locked you can not set up the temperatures or change them.
      If pressing the 'Done' key or waiting does not exit the screen, I'd check the wiring of the unit to be sure it is connected correctly.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You were correct the screen showing locked was due to the data wires being crossed. Once corrected all thermostats are now working. My issue of being able to send commands only and not read the data was due to hooking up the RS232 to the RS485. I miss understood the drawing and thought you could wire to either terminal RJ11 or screw terminals. Not the case RS232 worked instantly once I moved it over to the RJ11 plug. Pretty happy right now with 4 thermostats going on working on the touch screens.

Comment

Working...
        X