Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearyt
    replied
    good to hear.. I have to ping mine every now and then to wake up... so I wrote an event to set the fan to auto once a week..

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    replied
    Quick update. I was getting ready to pack up the TR65 and decided to spend some more time with it this morning. I'm glad I did because I found the source of the problem and it had nothing to do withthe TCU. Turns out that the brand new RS485 to RS232 converter was bad. I swapped in a known good unit and the HomeTroller immediately got readings. All is well.

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    replied
    Alright then! It's going back to RCS for a checkup. My bet is a faulty RS-485 chip on the TCU board.

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    I had mine back in the HS2 days, actually worked better with that plug-in
    IF I remember right, there is a setting in the thermstat that must be set for it to be Bi-directional

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    replied
    Okay. So I'm getting a better feeling that this is not an issue with the TR-65 in general. I have an ongoing dialog with RCS now, but I starting to think that I may have a bad copy. Specifically, I think the RS-485 chip on the TCU board is off because it won't send communications out to anything. It receives just fine and you can change set points, mode, etc., but absolutely nothing (temp, set points, mode, etc.) comes out. Everything in HS shows fine - interface okay, etc. The log file shows that polling is initiated, but nothing ever seems to comes back from the TR-65.

Has anyone used the TR-65 in HS2 successfully?

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    I am using the stat, in 485 mode with HS3.

using a 232/485 converter and a RS-232 with a USB to RS-232.. ( Kluge )

look at the log for traffic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    replied
    I've used two different cables with identical results. I first used a RS485 to RS232 Converter, but have also tried changing the HomeTroller Com 2 port to RS485 specs. The result of both is the same - i.e. no reading from the stat.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Cable maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Techvet
    started a topic RCS TR65 - HS2 Won't Read Stat - Fixed!

RCS TR65 - HS2 Won't Read Stat - Fixed!

I picked up a used Hometroller S2 from Pete and started playing with it yesterday. I also purchased a new RCS TR65 RS485 thermostat. I installed the latest RCS Serial plug-in for HS2 and hooked the TR65 up. However, I get nothing in terms of reads from HS2. I can control the thermostat functions (Fan, Mode, Set Point), but nothing comes back across to HomeSeer. No temperature, Set Point info, Operating Mode,...nothing. Debug shows that t HS tried to query the TR65, but nothing comes back. I've checked the wiring, etc. but still get no joy. I reached out to RCS and Bruce says there have been no changes to the RS485 specs. I also hooked the thermostat up to the RCS Thermostat Control program and get nothing there. I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Working...
X