Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is RCS TR40 RS-485 Supported using HS3 RCS Serial Plugin - Plugin now working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't upload it the attachment of the installer so I have created a dropbox link here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg1a72d722...6.6.4.exe?dl=0

Comment

Any new versions out ? PI is solid, looking for sizzle
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I cant get it to work with my zone controller at all.

I have actually found the install cd and protocol docs if anyone could use them

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0xjv9c3hv...skxuueoga?dl=0

Comment

Posting a follow up. I am not getting this to read my first thermostat on my first zone controller but that is the only one it sees.

Comment

Recently, while reviewing logs, I noticed 576 log entries going back to when I installed RCSStat in April. The errors reference an int vs string type mismatch at 130, a length < 0 at line 100, and a StartIndex value that is <0 at line 90. I presume these line numbers apply to the plugin software. The line 90 error occurs far less frequently than the 130, and I only see a few line 100 errors. The line 90 error shows lots of different kinds of return data line values.

Any ideas? It looks like the Address field is corrupted. Even the first example at line 130 "A= O1" appears to have a space followed by the letter O and not a zero. Could this be RS485 line noise corrupting the data?

Code:
            Jun-20 21:17:23	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, Cannot perform '=' operation on System.Int32 and System.String. Line Number:130
            Jun-20 21:17:23	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, return dataline: A= O1 Z=1 T=77

Jun-20 20:47:22	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length Line Number:100
            Jun-20 20:47:22	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, return dataline: A=2AýS¨‚BÍõÃÅõÏÉõÃ2õÏš

Jun-21 11:55:34	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, return dataline: ª=74
            Jun-21 11:55:34	 	RCSStat ERROR	Error in ProcessResponse, StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex Line Number:90

Comment

Update cool set point via script

Matt,

What code do I need to update the cool set point using a vb.net script? I am using your HS3 plugin and can not seem to change the set points.

Thanks!

JimO.

Comment

Originally posted by JimOConnor View Post
                Matt,
                What code do I need to update the cool set point using a vb.net script? I am using your HS3 plugin and can not seem to change the set points.
                JimO.
                I'm having the same trouble. There is no way to increment or decrement setpoints in the Event Builder, just send a command to the TStat which requires a specific degree setting. Likewise, I had no success changing setpoints from a script either. If I did, I might be able to do some math on the current setpoints and set new ones. As it is there is no means of increment/decrement from anywhere and the TStat in HSTouch can't be used with the up/down buttons either.

Comment

Changing setpoint - Solved!

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                  I'm having the same trouble. There is no way to increment or decrement setpoints in the Event Builder, just send a command to the TStat which requires a specific degree setting. Likewise, I had no success changing setpoints from a script either. If I did, I might be able to do some math on the current setpoints and set new ones. As it is there is no means of increment/decrement from anywhere and the TStat in HSTouch can't be used with the up/down buttons either.
                  I found an elegant solution. Use Spud's Easy Trigger. It is great. It allows you to change and compare variables.

Comment

any update on ZOne controllers.. ? I use a ZCV4 and without Homeseer integration my whole HVAC system fails to function correctly so im stuck at HS2 for now.. even though I boiught and paid for HS3.. I was under the inderstanding RCS Serial was on te list of Plugins being ported and supported by HST and was one of the reasons I paid for HS3 PRO upgrade!

I wrote a good portion of the ORIGINAL original HS 1.x RCS plugin and added ZOne controller functionality to that way back when (2005)... I really have no time to write one for HS3... at some point im ditching the ZCV4 in favor of my own control board im building but havent yet got that quite ready yet... was hopingto be able to upgrade to HS3 so I can use my Z-net and have good Zwave integration.. I really dont wantto have to run 2 machones and 2 versions of Homeseer.. UGH!
                    -Christopher
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                      any update on ZOne controllers.. ? I use a ZCV4 and without Homeseer integration my whole HVAC system fails to function correctly so im stuck at HS2 for now.. even though I boiught and paid for HS3.. I was under the inderstanding RCS Serial was on te list of Plugins being ported and supported by HST and was one of the reasons I paid for HS3 PRO upgrade!

I wrote a good portion of the ORIGINAL original HS 1.x RCS plugin and added ZOne controller functionality to that way back when (2005)... I really have no time to write one for HS3... at some point im ditching the ZCV4 in favor of my own control board im building but havent yet got that quite ready yet... was hopingto be able to upgrade to HS3 so I can use my Z-net and have good Zwave integration.. I really dont wantto have to run 2 machones and 2 versions of Homeseer.. UGH!
                      -Christopher
                      I am actually running both on HS2 and HS3 on the same machine. It is a pain.

Comment

Back in March 2015 I had a couple of email rounds with Rich regarding the ZCV4 zone controller and the associated WDUs. Rich was apologetic but did confirm that the RCS serial zone controller (ZCVx) with WDU would no longer be supported since RCS had discontinued the product and replaced it with a RC4 zone controller that supports conventional (zwave) thermostats such as the Radio Thermostat CT-101 variants. After all they really never did get the coding right for the zone controllers in HS2 as many of the features on zone controllers were not available through HSTouch due to thermostat "addressing" bugs that were never found and corrected across the HS2/HSTouch platforms.

He did provide me with the source code for the HS3 plugin but, as this thread illustrates, it is not very functional (if at all) in the original release version. I have not found the time to work on the project either but was encouraged when sdwinkleman worked on cleaning up the HS3 RCS plugin. I think he restored some of the functionality for stand alone RCS serial thermostats but does not use a zone controller in his system and therefor would be unable to debug a zone controlled system.

I have experimented with Jon00's HS2 to HS3 connector but this requires both HS2 and HS3 be running simultaneously somewhere within your network so that you can pass RCS commands and queries from HS3 to the HS2 side. Kind of defeats the purpose to have to "split" the systems.

In short it is frustrating as I also early adopted HS3 Pro but have been stuck in HS2 without Homeseer support for many of the existing devices. Ahh, the joys of technology that changes frequently.

Comment

Since October 28th, 2015, my RCS Thermostat reads the correct outside temperature on the physical device, but not in the device list's RCSStat outside temperature device. Has anyone else run into this? Any idea how to fix it? I've tried restarting the plug-in and all of HS3, but have not had any luck. I'm running RCSStat 3.0.0.15 on HS3 3.0.0.163 and haven't updated anything at all since mid-summer, and nothing related to RCS plugin or HS3 base software for much longer. I can't figure out how the right info is displayed on the thermostat itself, but the wrong info shows up in the device list.

Comment

Only one zone data being retrieved

I am just beginning the process of moving this to HS3. I've physically moved the 485/232 converter. Polling appears to be sending requests to both of my zones, but only zone 1 is responding. The returned data from zone 1 is all correct, but the zone 2 devices do not reflect the state of that thermostat.

The connection to the computer is actually from the zone 2 board, so it does not appear to be a connection issue.
                            Also: Using the exe from post #62. Have moved the connection back to HS2 and that plug-in continues to operate normally with both TStats responding to polling.

Looking for ideas for things to try.

Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=2 SC=0
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Living Room Status = Running: Stage 1 Heat (MRT)
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=2 H1A=1 H2A=0 H3A=0 C1A=0 C2A=0 FA=0 SCP=20
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=2 Z=1 T=69 SP=69 SPH=69 SPC=74 M=H FM=0
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=1 SC=0
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Living Room Status = Idle
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=1 H1A=0 H2A=0 H3A=0 C1A=0 C2A=0 FA=0 SCP=00
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Processing Data - A=0 O=1 OA=24 Z=1 T=69 SP=69 SPH=69 SPC=75 M=H FM=0
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Recieving Data: A=0 O=1 OA=24 Z=1 T=69 SP=69 SPH=69 SPC=75 M=H FM=0 A=0 O=1 H1A=0 H2A=0 H3A=0 C1A=0 C2A=0 FA=0 SCP=00 A=0 O=1 SC=0 A=0 O=2 Z=1 T=69 SP=69 SPH=69 SPC=74 M=H FM=0 A=0 O=2 H1A=1 H2A=0 H3A=0 C1A=0 C2A=0 FA=0 SCP=20 A=0 O=2 SC=0
                            Jan-14 12:01:03 PM RCSStat DEBUG Received Bytes: 230
                            Jan-14 12:01:02 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 OT=24
                            Jan-14 12:01:02 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 DOW=5
                            Jan-14 12:01:02 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 TIME=12:0:59
                            Jan-14 12:01:02 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 DATE=01/14/16
                            Jan-14 12:01:01 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 SC=?
                            Jan-14 12:01:01 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 R=2
                            Jan-14 12:01:01 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=2 O=0 R=1
                            Jan-14 12:01:01 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 OT=24
                            Jan-14 12:01:00 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 DOW=5
                            Jan-14 12:01:00 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 TIME=12:0:59
                            Jan-14 12:01:00 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 DATE=01/14/16
                            Jan-14 12:00:59 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 SC=?
                            Jan-14 12:00:59 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 R=2
                            Jan-14 12:00:59 PM RCSStat DEBUG Transmitting Data: A=1 O=0 R=1
                            Jan-14 12:00:59 PM RCSStat DEBUG Poll: Time: 1/14/2016 12:00:59 PM
                            Jan-14 12:00:59 PM RCSStat DEBUG Poll: Time: 1/14/2016 12:00:59 PM
                            Last edited by Uncle Michael; January 14, 2016, 01:52 PM. Reason: more info
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Mike as far as I know this has never worked with more than 1 thermostat. I am still running a separate instance of HS2 alongside HS3 just to manage my 3 thermostats. Homeseer is not planning to support the plugin. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a few hours but this is typical of Homeseer not providing support to their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                                Mike as far as I know this has never worked with more than 1 thermostat. I am still running a separate instance of HS2 alongside HS3 just to manage my 3 thermostats. Homeseer is not planning to support the plugin. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a few hours but this is typical of Homeseer not providing support to their customers.
                                DITTO I cant migrate to HS3 due to several plugins not working. This being the major one.

Comment

Working...
                                X