RCS Serial on Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS Serial on Linux?

I am trying to switch over from using a windows machine for HomeSeer, to the Raspberry Pi. The idea of being able to get rid of a high power usage machine and switch to a very low power machine, is too good to pass up on.

I got HS3 up and running, but I need a RCS serial plug-in, which I notice is not there for Linux. Is there any chance of getting this? I really cannot replace the thermostat. It's not so much the cost of a new thermostat (although that is an issue when the one I have works perfectly OK), but the fact that when we moved into this house 12 years ago, I had everything wired so that the controller for the TR40 is in one location and the thermostat in another and the thought of changing the wiring when it is all behind dry wall is beyond what I want to do.

Andrew

I would download the windows version, install it manually on your RPi see what happens and watch the logs.

Keep the logs and open a bugzilla ticket with Homeseer request if there is an issue with the RPi to fix it.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I did as you suggested. The executable is on there and HomeSeer finds it OK, I set up the appropriate port, but adding the thermostat reports the following

Dec-04 6:04:01 PM RCSStat Abandoning COM Thread Start: No such file or directory
      Dec-04 6:04:01 PM RCSStat Error in COM Thread Start: No such file or directory
      Dec-04 6:04:01 PM Info Plugin RCSStat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:36844
      Dec-04 6:03:58 PM Warning I/O interface RCSStat is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
      Dec-04 6:03:57 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page RCSSerial_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0
      Dec-04 6:03:57 PM Info Plugin RCSStat with instance: has disconnected

So I guess this is not going to be so easy.

Andrew

Comment

Really it does work but the conflicts relate to the back ward forward slash and capital letters or non capital letters used between Windows and Linux.

You can spoof it a bit editing the INI file in a backwards sense and run the plugin in a console window. IE: don't start it automatically in Homeseer. Open up another SSH terminal to the device and and go to the homeseer directory and manually run

mono nameofthe exe file.

Watch it for a bit.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X