Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mr_Resistor,

Unfortunately I don't have a samsung vac, If i do get one i will definitely look at making a plugin for it.

Let me do a bit of a search on Ebay and see if i can find one cheap enough to have a look see... What model do you have?

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Hi Fellhahn,

Thanks for the note, So, I have been told the Local protocol is shared, So the plugin should work.

However, I can almost certainly say the multiple zones are unlikely to work as expected... I don't have a ducted system to test with.

The Main device and temp controls should create and work fine... And if the protocol handles the zones as individual devices then they will all work.

But what i can do is make a deal with you if your willing to test, and work with me to get it supported i am happy to give you a free license for the plugin.

First step is download the plugin and see if it recognizes the devices, if so then we can work from there to get the debug outputs from the units and ill make the devices to suit.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
        Hi Fellhahn,

Thanks for the note, So, I have been told the Local protocol is shared, So the plugin should work.

However, I can almost certainly say the multiple zones are unlikely to work as expected... I don't have a ducted system to test with.

The Main device and temp controls should create and work fine... And if the protocol handles the zones as individual devices then they will all work.

But what i can do is make a deal with you if your willing to test, and work with me to get it supported i am happy to give you a free license for the plugin.

First step is download the plugin and see if it recognizes the devices, if so then we can work from there to get the debug outputs from the units and ill make the devices to suit.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
        Mat
        Hi Mat,

That sounds great, thanks for the offer.

System isn't installed yet, currently sorting out financing before buying a system through Polyaire distributors, which will be a Samsung.

This plugin changes my purchasing plans slightly. I had planned to buy Samsung system with an AirTouch zoning and control system. This plugin means I may not need the AirTouch system at all, which will save me a few hundred. Instead I can use the native Samsung control. Of course if things don't work I can always add on the AirTouch later.

I'll get in touch again once the system is purchased and installed, but that could be as far as 4-6 weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
          Hi Mr_Resistor,

Unfortunately I don't have a samsung vac, If i do get one i will definitely look at making a plugin for it.

Let me do a bit of a search on Ebay and see if i can find one cheap enough to have a look see... What model do you have?

Thanks
          Mat
          I have a 9350 and a 9040. Both are wifi and accessible via the SmartThings app. Would be nice to be able to control them directly from HS rather than relying on HS -> IFTTT -> SmartThings web.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Try to get this to work on a washing machine. I have it working on the Samsung's app but it will not find it on homeseer

Comment

Hi Fellhahn.

No worries, Yell out when you get it installed and ill see what i can do to get it supported.

Looks like your local to me so we should be able to work something out.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Mr_Resistor,

Thanks for the reply, I will keep an eye out for one of them on Ebay and try and get it sorted... Unfortunately my house doesn't really lend itself to a robot vac so I doubt ill buy a new one.

But if one comes up cheap enough I will give it a shot.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

RK15,

Sorry to hear your having trouble, What Model is your washing machine? and which App are you using? The Models that should work will work in the Stand Alone Samsung washing machine App - This App uses the Local API, The smartthings app uses a cloud API, They may have changed the protocol for newer machines, however I am not aware that they changed the Local API.

Does the washing machine show as an Unregistered Washing Machine device? or does it not show at all?

Thanks
                  Mat

Comment

Hi Mat

i do have a ducted unit and a ceiling resessed unit too. My 3rd unit is still in the cardboard box waiting for a new room build. This is a “normal” wall hanged version.
                    I can do some tests for you too if you get the Linux version running..

regards Brian

Comment

The model is WF50K7500A with the smart home adapter (HD39J1230GW) and i can use the Smart-Things app on my phone but the PI dose not find any devices.
                      Aug-11 3:13:29 PM Starting Plug-In Samsung Smart Devices loaded in 6010 milliseconds
                      Aug-11 3:13:29 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Samsung Smart Devices started successfully in 5637 milliseconds
                      Aug-11 3:13:29 PM Samsung Smart Devices Units Loaded, Starting to Monitor
                      Aug-11 3:13:28 PM Samsung Smart Devices Checking for devices owned by Samsung Smart Devices
                      Aug-11 3:13:28 PM Samsung Smart Devices Performing Auto Device scan as No Units are Saved.
                      Aug-11 3:13:23 PM Samsung Smart Devices Plug-in is being initialized...
                      Aug-11 3:13:23 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Samsung Smart Devices ...
                      Aug-11 3:13:23 PM Info Plugin Samsung Smart Devices has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:63888
                      Aug-11 3:13:23 PM Plug-In Interface Samsung Smart Devices is running as a trial, 28 days remaining.
                      Aug-11 3:13:17 PM Info Plugin Samsung Smart Devices with instance: has disconnected
                      Aug-11 3:13:17 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Samsung Smart Devices

Comment

Hi BrianB,

No worries, That would be great. No update on the Linux just yet, Got sidetracked with other things... Will get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Hi RK15,

Thanks for the Reply, I had a look on the Guide and to be honest i didn't even know that setup Existed. Looking at the App it doesn't appear to be the same protocol as the supported Washers.

It does appear to use the cloud protocol which is painful as it has to Authenticate and by rights samsung could change it tomorrow and support is gone.

However, I am happy to try and reverse engineer the protocol and add support if i can, Only trouble i have is i am unable to test, If you are willing to help that would be great, But i cannot guarantee i would be able to get it supported.

Can you use the App if your not connected to the web? only thought your local network?

Thanks
                          Mat

Comment

I just bought a samsung fridge - not the "family hub" one - but it can be controlled through a smarthings app or bixby. Any chance this might work with it?

Comment

Hi Grahamk,

at this point i very much doubt it. But to see if i can add support could you let me know the model number of your Fridge?

Thanks
                              Mat

Comment

Hi.

I have a couple of Samsung air conditioner and the plugin found them but the current status of the air conditioner doesn't update automatically I have to press the status button manually for the status to update how can I make the plugin update and show the current status of the air conditioner automatic..?

Comment

Working...
                                X