Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Smargi,

Thanks for the message, The Plugin should open up a Synchronous link to the aircon, So in theory it should be updating automatically... I did have some trouble with some of my older units originally where they didn't have the outdoor temp sensor, Ultimately if they where left for a while with no changes the connection dropped... Where my newer units were ok.

I will have to make a change and allow the plugin to poll the status at set intervals to keep the connection alive.

I will make the changes ASAP and get an update out, Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm working on the plugin anyhow to get it working on Linux, so it shouldn't be long.

Apart from that how are you finding the plugin?

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Hi.

First thanks for the quick answer the plugin is great and been looking for this for a long time to control my air conditioner within homeseer.
      one thing more don't know if it as to do with your plugin or not I'm using imperihome plugin for the homeseer interface and it seems like imperihome doesn't find or see your plugin controls to operate it within imperihome like other devices ( hue, shutters .... ).

Shay.

Comment

Hi Shay,

Thanks for the Note, I have changed the plugin to allow polling every 30 seconds on a 5 second device rotation, I have tested it for a couple days and its working ok, I will release it shortly.

I am just working on some other changes to support linux to try and get them in the same update... But if the Linux doesn't play nice I will release it without linux support.

Thanks
        Mat

Comment

Hi All,

Update on Linux Support :

I have the plugin working now for the V2 protocol, This is tested and working well.

However, the V1 protocol presents an issue, They will not connect under the Mono Linux SSL due to being SSLV3 which is not supported any more, It tries to connect as TLS but errors as the security key is not high enough.

I have had some success connecting directly from Linux with Openssl, But getting this to work through the plugin is something i just have not been able to nut out, I cannot force the Cipher type in .Net which is the problem.

I am still investigating and will keep you all updated.

This will affect older Systems and the Washing Machines, So i am hoping to resolve it.

Thanks
          Mat

Comment

Hi All,

I have just Submitted a new version of the plugin which supports Linux. V1 protocol is still an issue in Linux and is unsupported at this time...

I have also mad a change to enable a log session of the data between devices, Which should enable me to add support for other devices or individual settings on units like Central Air Con, To enable this head to the config page, Do not enable this forever, it will not write to the HS log, it creates a Text file that you can download and send to me for debugging.

As mentioned I also enabled a polling feature with adjustable time to support older units that drop connection.

Any feedback or issues please let me know.

Thanks
            Mat

Comment

Any think new on the washer. It is cloud base.

Comment

Hi RK15,

Unfortunately not, Its not available in Aus so i am unable to test it and reverse engineer the protocol.

If you can reverse the protocol and do the testing I would be happy to add support to the plugin?

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Hello,
                  I'm starting to design a system automation for a customer who wants to manage air conditioning with a split unit for each room to control with homeSeer. I had thought of using daikin drives but the plugin was dropped, so I saw this plugin and would like to know if it is possible with this plugin to manage more drives and how much is the maximum number controllable? What are the recognized models?
                  thanks
                  Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for the message, The Ducted version of the Samsung App appears to follow a slightly different protocol, So i am not sure how or if its supported.... The Initial linking appears the same from the tests i have done with the App, However i do not have a ducted system to test so dont get any replys to the protocol.

I am confident i could add support provided i was able to test with a live system, But i would not go for samsung in Hope that i can make it work, Probably doesn't help you much, However if you do go down the samsung path let me know and i will get it supported if your available for testing.

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Hello
                      I would like to know if Samsung Smart WindFree Evo Wi-Fi Airconditioners have been tested and if possible to see a screenshot of how Samsung's air conditioners are managed in the homeseer's device manager page? I also ask to be able to see a graphic diagram of how recognition takes place in the homeseer and whether it is necessary to purchase an additional router for the system.

Thanks
                      Massimo-RenderCAD

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                      Number of Devices: 587; Number of Events: 494
                      Enabled Plug-Ins
                      3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                      3.3.2.1: APCUPSD
                      1.0.0.85: Arduino Plugin
                      2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      2.0.5.0: BLVolume
                      0.0.0.43: Current Cost 3P
                      0.0.0.3: Device Comparison 3P
                      1.4.0.0: Device History
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger
                      5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
                      3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                      3.0.1.125: PHLocation
                      1.0.0.7: Restart
                      3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Hi Massimo.

The protocol used in the Plugin is the Local Protocol, It was only used in the early Samsung Air conditioner (And nearly all of the ones here in Australia) i have been made aware of some US Samsung air conditioners using a different protocol, So to be honest i have no idea if they will work... If you have a model number i can check in there manuals which version they use...

If my plugin doesn't cater for them i believe that homeseer will be supporting samsung smart things in HS4 which may be another avenue, However my plugin actually enables them as Thermostat devices in Homeseer and opens them to Google and Alexa directly (If you use it)

Let me know if you have the model numbers and ill check it out for you.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                          Hi Massimo.

The protocol used in the Plugin is the Local Protocol, It was only used in the early Samsung Air conditioner (And nearly all of the ones here in Australia) i have been made aware of some US Samsung air conditioners using a different protocol, So to be honest i have no idea if they will work... If you have a model number i can check in there manuals which version they use...

If my plugin doesn't cater for them i believe that homeseer will be supporting samsung smart things in HS4 which may be another avenue, However my plugin actually enables them as Thermostat devices in Homeseer and opens them to Google and Alexa directly (If you use it)

Let me know if you have the model numbers and ill check it out for you.

Thanks
                          Mat
                          Hello Mat
                          We are in Italy, the air conditioners that I asked to check if they can use the plugin are the "Windfree Wi-Fi monosplit or dualsplit Samsung series", thanks
                          Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Hi Massimo,

Apologies for the delay, I couldn't find much info, But to be honest i doubt they will work with the plugin. Ill keep looking and see what i come up with.

Thanks
                            Mat

Comment

Hi Mat,

I've got a Samsung WW85M74FNOR Washing Machine (an Australian model) and I'm trying to get it to work with the plugin. I'm running on Windows.

I think the logs tell me the machine isn't being picked up/found when it does a scan. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong, or is this model not able to be supported? (everything is on the same network, I can ping the washing machine from my Homeseer computer).
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Samsung Smart Devices
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Starting Plug-In Samsung Smart Devices loaded in 5460 milliseconds
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Samsung Smart Devices started successfully in 5295 milliseconds
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Samsung Smart Devices Units Loaded, Starting to Monitor
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Samsung Smart Devices Checking for devices owned by Samsung Smart Devices
                              Dec-22 8:04:09 PM Samsung Smart Devices Performing Auto Device scan as No Units are Saved.
                              Dec-22 8:04:04 PM Samsung Smart Devices Plug-in is being initialized...
                              Dec-22 8:04:04 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Samsung Smart Devices ...
                              Dec-22 8:04:04 PM Info Plugin Samsung Smart Devices has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64452
                              Thanks in advance

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I just had a look at that model number, I don't think its supported, The App is different.

If your interested I can have a crack at getting it supported if your willing, Whereabouts in Aus are you?

Also, does the App work without internet (So on your home network with the internet off) if so we have a 10 times better chance of getting it to work.

If not, and it only works in Samsung Smarthings, Well a little birdie tells me the next Homeseer Version may support that out of the box.

Thanks
                                Mat

Comment

Working...
                                X