No announcement yet.

SDJ-VStat Virtual Thermostat Plug-in Beta CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works when I disable and enable the plugin, and shutdown/restart homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomaslars1 View Post
      It works when I disable and enable the plugin, and shutdown/restart homeseer.

Comment

I switch schedules frequently on one of the VStats - is it possible to see the name of the current schedule of a VStat?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
          I switch schedules frequently on one of the VStats - is it possible to see the name of the current schedule of a VStat?
          I could display the schedule name in the string of the root device of each VStat, if that would do. At the moment the last line of the string shows the operating state, i.e. Scheduled or Manual. When it is running to a schedule I could display the name of the schedule instead.

If you use EasyTrigger and events to change schedules then the schedule is always the name of the VStat which isn't terribly useful. I presume you are manually importing and exporting schedules on the Config page where you can select schedules by name?
          I was thinking of adding more buttons to the root devices which could be assigned to different schedules. This would then enable you to switch between schedules by name, using events.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by IlyZislin View Post
            Great work, Steve! is there a way to have ability to "inverse" from heating to cooling (for the summer)?
            I have attached a new version to the first message of this thread which now includes Cooling VStats if you want to give it a try. However, Summer is still a long way off

Steve

Comment

How can I change the name of a VStat?

You can now edit the names of the VStats on the Config page in the latest version attached to first message.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                You can now edit the names of the VStats on the Config page in the latest version attached to first message.

Steve
                Great - thanks!

Comment

I could display the schedule name in the string of the root device of each VStat, if that would do. At the moment the last line of the string shows the operating state, i.e. Scheduled or Manual. When it is running to a schedule I could display the name of the schedule instead.
                  This would be a good solution for manually checking which schedule that is used, but can this also be used as a condition in an event?

I presume you are manually importing and exporting schedules on the Config page where you can select schedules by name?
                  Yes, but I am also planning to use events to switch schedules.

I was thinking of adding more buttons to the root devices which could be assigned to different schedules. This would then enable you to switch between schedules by name, using events.
                  Interesting - how many buttons are you thinking of?

Comment

Great plugin!

I want to use a device from "WeatherXML" as "External Temperature Sensor", but it doesn't show up in the list. Any chance that could be fixed?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	weatherxml.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1195176

Comment

This would be a good solution for manually checking which schedule that is used, but can this also be used as a condition in an event?

Yes, but I am also planning to use events to switch schedules.

Interesting - how many buttons are you thinking of?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
                        Great plugin!

I want to use a device from "WeatherXML" as "External Temperature Sensor", but it doesn't show up in the list. Any chance that could be fixed?

[ATTACH]66434[/ATTACH]

Comment

Comment

What happened to living dangerously

Try version 3.0.8.1. attached to 1st post. I've added any devices containing the word 'weather' in their Device Type [String] to the lists of sensors. You might get lots of devices that aren't actually temperature devices, but hopefully it doesn't become unmanageable.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Comment

What happened to living dangerously

Try version 3.0.8.1. attached to 1st post. I've added any devices containing the word 'weather' in their Device Type [String] to the lists of sensors. You might get lots of devices that aren't actually temperature devices, but hopefully it doesn't become unmanageable.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve
                                That worked great, thanks!

I have two other (small?) request:
                                1. Could the "Heating Mode Names" be individually set per thermostat? In the bathroom it fits with "day/night/frost" (23C/18C,7C), but in my office I use it as "day/night/workmode" (15C/7C/22C) - so I change to "workmode" when I'm using the office. Setting it to "frost-mode" seems a bit "wrong"... :P

2. Since heating is either on or off, it's easy to calculate the powerusage and even calculate energyconsumption on an hourly/daily/monthly basis. Any chance each termostat could have an input for the wattage of the heater and that the plugin could use the energymetering that is built into HS3?

Comment

Working...
                                X