Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Description

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Description

    SDJ-VStat General Description
    • A Virtual Thermostat plug-in for HS3. The Virtual Stats use any temperature sensors and switches within HS3 to monitor and control devices.
    • A number of VStats (current max 20) can be setup, within the single plug-in, which can theoretically use any temperature sensor devices for input and control any On/Off switching devices.
    • VStats can be heating or cooling stats.
    • Multiple sensors can be selected for each VStat which can be configured to use the Lowest, Average or Highest of the sensor temperatures.
    • Each VStat has Day(High), Night(Low) and Away(Frost) SetPoints which can be renamed as desired.
    • Each VStat has a 7 day schedule to automatically switch between Day and Night SetPoints at 15 minute resolution.
    • The target temperature can be temporarily raised or lowered manually as well as toggled between High/Low SetPoints.
    • Away(Frost) mode will interrupt the schedules and set the target temperature to the Away(Frost) SetPoint until Auto is reselected.
    • Boost mode will force the heating/cooling to On for a period of time in 15 minute increments. The increment is configurable.
    • There is a separate (windows only) program for quickly creating and editing 7 day schedules for the VStats although they can also use schedules created and edited in the excellent EasyTrigger plug-in.
    This is a free plug-in for Windows or Linux versions of HS3. If you want to use the plug-in it is at your own risk and I cannot accept responsibility for any consequences.

    Steve

  • #2
    Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    SDJ-VStat General Description
    • A Virtual Thermostat plug-in for HS3. The Virtual Stats use any temperature sensors and switches within HS3 to monitor and control devices.
    • A number of VStats (current max 20) can be setup, within the single plug-in, which can theoretically use any temperature sensor devices for input and control any On/Off switching devices.
    • VStats can be heating or cooling stats.
    • Multiple sensors can be selected for each VStat which can be configured to use the Lowest, Average or Highest of the sensor temperatures.
    • Each VStat has Day(High), Night(Low) and Away(Frost) SetPoints which can be renamed as desired.
    • Each VStat has a 7 day schedule to automatically switch between Day and Night SetPoints at 15 minute resolution.
    • The target temperature can be temporarily raised or lowered manually as well as toggled between High/Low SetPoints.
    • Away(Frost) mode will interrupt the schedules and set the target temperature to the Away(Frost) SetPoint until Auto is reselected.
    • Boost mode will force the heating/cooling to On for a period of time in 15 minute increments. The increment is configurable.
    • There is a separate (windows only) program for quickly creating and editing 7 day schedules for the VStats although they can also use schedules created and edited in the excellent EasyTrigger plug-in.
    This is a free plug-in for Windows or Linux versions of HS3. If you want to use the plug-in it is at your own risk and I cannot accept responsibility for any consequences.

    Steve
    Hi Steve,

    Could you please let me know where from could i get windows program to edit schedules?
    Best Regards
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim; December 17th, 2019, 10:22 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tim View Post

      Hi Steve,

      Could you please let me know where from could i get windows program to edit schedules?
      Best Regards
      Tim
      Hi Tim,

      When you install SDJ-VStat it also installs the VSTAT_Schedule program in the HS3 root folder. You can run it from there (if you are on Windows) or copy it, together with the relevant HS3 files, to another folder or another windows computer. For example I usually run the scheduler program from my laptop. You can then create and edit schedules on each VStat remotely. I originally wrote SDJ-VStat as a windows forms program that logged in remotely to HS3 before I converted the operational side of it to a native HS3 plug-in. The scheduler is basically part of the original windows forms program and enables you to graphically draw schedules with the mouse, which is a very quick way of creating and editing time schedules for the VStats.

      Whilst VSTAT_Schedule is a windows program the VStat plug-in can be run on Windows or Linux and you can edit the schedules remotely from a windows pc/laptop.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	schedule.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1347561

      Alternatively you can set up and edit schedules in EasyTrigger which SDJ-VStat can import and export from.

      This is all explained in the guide which is installed in the /docs folder of HS3. You can also download the guide from the Guide thread sticky in this forum if you want information before installing the plug-in.

      If you have any questions I will be happy to help.

      Steve

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

        Hi Tim,

        When you install SDJ-VStat it also installs the VSTAT_Schedule program in the HS3 root folder. You can run it from there (if you are on Windows) or copy it, together with the relevant HS3 files, to another folder or another windows computer. For example I usually run the scheduler program from my laptop. You can then create and edit schedules on each VStat remotely. I originally wrote SDJ-VStat as a windows forms program that logged in remotely to HS3 before I converted the operational side of it to a native HS3 plug-in. The scheduler is basically part of the original windows forms program and enables you to graphically draw schedules with the mouse, which is a very quick way of creating and editing time schedules for the VStats.

        Whilst VSTAT_Schedule is a windows program the VStat plug-in can be run on Windows or Linux and you can edit the schedules remotely from a windows pc/laptop.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	schedule.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1347561

        Alternatively you can set up and edit schedules in EasyTrigger which SDJ-VStat can import and export from.

        This is all explained in the guide which is installed in the /docs folder of HS3. You can also download the guide from the Guide thread sticky in this forum if you want information before installing the plug-in.

        If you have any questions I will be happy to help.

        Steve
        Thank you for explanation.
        My HS is installed on all in one pc mounted on the wall and all adjustments, programming are done through the network from laptop.
        I'm not experienced in programming, scripts etc so will use windows based program.

        Best Regards
        Tim

        Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Thank you for explanation.
          My HS is installed on all in one pc mounted on the wall and all adjustments, programming are done through the network from laptop.
          I'm not experienced in programming, scripts etc so will use windows based program.

          Best Regards
          Tim
          Tim,

          If you want to post details about your system what devices you are using for monitoring and control and how you want it to work I can try to help with suggestions. I run zoned heating systems in 2 houses using SDJ-VStat without resorting to any scripts.

          Steve

          Comment

          Working...
          X