Windows device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows device

It has been a while since I set up or changed a vstat config.
    Has the Windows device been removed from the config, where we choose the window sensor? Is it now required to create own events to control open/closed window?

Originally posted by BME View Post
    It has been a while since I set up or changed a vstat config.
    Has the Windows device been removed from the config, where we choose the window sensor? Is it now required to create own events to control open/closed window?
    There hasn't ever been a way to choose window sensors. You can configure the effects of the 'Windows' child for each VStat on the Config page but how you switch it to Open and Closed is up to you. There are so many types of devices, combinations of devices that you might want to use that it didn't seem practical to build methods into the plug-in. For instance I use this feature on my main heating VStat to turn down the heating if the front door has been open for a period of time. I don't want the heating to turn off and on every time the front door is open and closed so I have an event that sets the 'Windows' child for that particular VStat to Open if the front door has been open for exactly 2 minutes. A second event sets the 'Windows' child to Closed when the front door is closed. If I had the 'Windows' child linked directly to the front door sensor it would be turning on and off all the time.

Basically if you want to use the open 'Windows' feature of a VStat you need to use events to control it.

Below is an extract from the guide which is a little brief in explanation.

The Windows child device can be used to temporarily interrupt the heating/cooling if a window or door is opened. This is a common feature in European thermostats. When this device is set to Open, either by clicking the button or more usually by an event action, the Target Temperature will be reduced/increased affectively turning off the heating/cooling. You can set the reduction/increase value and the minimum/maximum temperature not to drop/rise below/above on the configuration page. If you want to use this feature then set up events based on door/window sensors you have in the particular zone that the VStat is controlling. The events need to Open the device if any of the sensors trigger and close it again when all the sensors are closed.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

OK. I must be remembering wrongly, then.
      I will create some events instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BME View Post
        OK. I must be remembering wrongly, then.
        I will create some events instead.
        Could you not use the linked devices function?
        Link the actual window sensors with the respective node in the VSTAT

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post

Could you not use the linked devices function?
          Link the actual window sensors with the respective node in the VSTAT
          That would work if you were linking one window sensor to a VStat but if you want a VStat to be influenced by more than one door window sensor it would be best to use events. You would want the Windows child to be Open if ANY of the sensors is open and Closed if ALL the sensors are closed. EasyTrigger makes it easy to use groups of devices in events.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

That would work if you were linking one window sensor to a VStat but if you want a VStat to be influenced by more than one door window sensor it would be best to use events. You would want the Windows child to be Open if ANY of the sensors is open and Closed if ALL the sensors are closed. EasyTrigger makes it easy to use groups of devices in events.

Steve
            Fair point :-)

I'm a one window per room guy at the moment haha

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post

Fair point :-)

I'm a one window per room guy at the moment haha
              Nothing wrong with that 🙂

Comment

Working...
              X