Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with auto mode

Hi,

I have set up events to control the temperature when we go away for a longer time.
    When the house is set to Holiday mode, all the thermostats are put in Frost mode.

I also have a event to put the thermostats back in auto when the house is set to "Home".

The problem is that some of the thermostats, when set back to auto mode, they go to Night-mode (I think).
    So the thermostats won't go to Day-mode until the next schedule change.

Here is a picture after the termostat is set back to auto mode:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	temp.PNG Views:	2 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	1253123

Snip is taken at noon, so according to the schedule it should start to heat.
    The Auto button text also get underlined. That does not happen when I press the button with the mouse.

If I manually press the Auto button on the thermostat, I think it works as it should:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	temp1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	1253124

And the best thing. I have 5 thermostats, and 4 of them have this problem. But the last one works perfectly. (?)
    I have tried to rebuild Vstat on all of them, but no improvement.

Is it a bug, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

--

Originally posted by Groot View Post
    Is it a bug, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

--
    It sounds like a bug but not one I have noticed myself. My VStats are regularly set back and forth between Frost and Auto by Events.

I will do a bit of investigating tomorrow and see if I can replicate what you are encountering. In the meantime can you post a screenshot of your event that sets the VStats back to Auto. Also what os are you running HS3 on?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

It sounds like a bug but not one I have noticed myself. My VStats are regularly set back and forth between Frost and Auto by Events.

I will do a bit of investigating tomorrow and see if I can replicate what you are encountering. In the meantime can you post a screenshot of your event that sets the VStats back to Auto. Also what os are you running HS3 on?

Steve
      Thanks for your reply,
      Just let me know if I can help with something else.

Here is my back to auto event:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181014-181314_Chrome.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1253172

I'm running on Windows.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,
        Just let me know if I can help with something else.

Here is my back to auto event:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20181014-181314_Chrome.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1253172

I'm running on Windows.
        First of all well spotted and thanks for the clear description of the problem. I was able to recreate the issue on my system which made troubleshooting the bug a lot easier.
        The issue only shows itself when you have more than one VStat changing to auto within a single 'then' action of an event. In these circumstances only the last VStat was setting auto correctly. If the actions were split into separate 'then' statements within the event the VStats were setting correctly.
        I have corrected this in 3.0.8.5, at least it works in my testing.

I have submitted 3.0.8.5 to the HS portal so it should be available in the next couple of days. Alternatively I have attached the zipped exe file to this message if you want to update now. Only the exe file has changed from the previous version so you can disable the pi, copy the new exe file over the existing one in the HS3 root directory and re-enable the pi.

Steve
        SDJ-VStat 3.0.8.5 (exe file only).zip

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

First of all well spotted and thanks for the clear description of the problem. I was able to recreate the issue on my system which made troubleshooting the bug a lot easier.
          The issue only shows itself when you have more than one VStat changing to auto within a single 'then' action of an event. In these circumstances only the last VStat was setting auto correctly. If the actions were split into separate 'then' statements within the event the VStats were setting correctly.
          I have corrected this in 3.0.8.5, at least it works in my testing.

I have submitted 3.0.8.5 to the HS portal so it should be available in the next couple of days. Alternatively I have attached the zipped exe file to this message if you want to update now. Only the exe file has changed from the previous version so you can disable the pi, copy the new exe file over the existing one in the HS3 root directory and re-enable the pi.

Steve
          [ATTACH]n1253314[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for the quick reply, AND fix!
          ​​​​​​ Fantastic!

Will download and test later today!

Comment

Downloaded and did a test with the termostats and events I already had set up.
            Everything seams to work as it should!
            Thanks again.

Comment

Downloaded and did a test with the termostats and events I already had set up.
              Everything seams to work as it should!
              Thanks again.
              Thanks for letting me know.

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X