Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to set Frost temperature

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unable to set Frost temperature

    Hi,

    I have today changed some of my setpoints to adjust the season changes.
    When I try to change the frost setpoint, it just goes blank.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frost.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1263605
    Pressing increase, decrease or submit does not work.

    I first noticed it when I tried to use the Increase and Decrease buttons. The setpoint did not change. So I then entered the desired setpoint manually, and pressed Submit.
    Then the setpoint just disappears. Only way to get it back is to rebuild the thermostat. The setpoint is then set to 5 degrees.
    Then trying to change it, the result is the same.

    Why is this?
    It has worked before.

    Best regards,

    #2
    Originally posted by Groot View Post
    Hi,

    I have today changed some of my setpoints to adjust the season changes.
    When I try to change the frost setpoint, it just goes blank.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frost.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1263605
    Pressing increase, decrease or submit does not work.

    I first noticed it when I tried to use the Increase and Decrease buttons. The setpoint did not change. So I then entered the desired setpoint manually, and pressed Submit.
    Then the setpoint just disappears. Only way to get it back is to rebuild the thermostat. The setpoint is then set to 5 degrees.
    Then trying to change it, the result is the same.

    Why is this?
    It has worked before.

    Best regards,
    Hi Groot,

    It looks like a range issue as in your screenshot you appear to be entering a SetPoint value of 24 degrees, is that correct?. If you are set to Celsius units then by default the pi builds the Frost/Away SetPoint device with a range of 0 to 20 C and a default of 5. If you enter 24 manually it does change the actual value to 24 but displays blank because it is outside the range. The decrease button will decrease from there in steps of 0.5 degrees but the increase button won't do anything until you are down to 19.5.

    Please can you post a screenshot of the Status Graphics tab of the Frost/Away SetPoint device.

    Is there a reason that you want the Frost/Away SetPoint to be so high or am I misinterpreting the situation? There are ways of adjusting it if necessary.

    Steve

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

      Hi Groot,

      It looks like a range issue as in your screenshot you appear to be entering a SetPoint value of 24 degrees, is that correct?. If you are set to Celsius units then by default the pi builds the Frost/Away SetPoint device with a range of 0 to 20 C and a default of 5. If you enter 24 manually it does change the actual value to 24 but displays blank because it is outside the range. The decrease button will decrease from there in steps of 0.5 degrees but the increase button won't do anything until you are down to 19.5.

      Please can you post a screenshot of the Status Graphics tab of the Frost/Away SetPoint device.

      Is there a reason that you want the Frost/Away SetPoint to be so high or am I misinterpreting the situation? There are ways of adjusting it if necessary.

      Steve
      Thank you for the reply!

      I see that the value in the graphics tab ended at 20. Adjusting it upwards fixed it.
      Was just curious that the frost temperature was set to 5 degree when rebuilding the thermostat.

      The reason I have such a high setpoint is that I use it as a setpoint when we are just away for a sorter time. Weekend/ a few days.
      If I put activate night mode, the temperature will rise when the schedule switch it to day mode. Or have I misunderstood something?

      I have an event that adjust the frost setpoint if I put the house in holiday mode and we are gonna be away for a longer periode of time.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	frost.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1263629
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Groot View Post

        Thank you for the reply!

        I see that the value in the graphics tab ended at 20. Adjusting it upwards fixed it.
        Was just curious that the frost temperature was set to 5 degree when rebuilding the thermostat.

        The reason I have such a high SetPoint is that I use it as a SetPoint when we are just away for a sorter time. Weekend/ a few days.
        If I put activate night mode, the temperature will rise when the schedule switch it to day mode. Or have I misunderstood something?

        I have an event that adjust the frost SetPoint if I put the house in holiday mode and we are gonna be away for a longer period of time.[/ATTACH]
        As you have found you can manually adjust the range on the Status Graphics tab. If I remember correctly I anticipated the range being manually altered so the Increase/Decrease buttons should honour the manually adjusted range. Perhaps I should add a note in the guide about this.

        The Rebuild VStat function sets everything back to default values so will override your manually adjusted range. However, the rebuild function is only there to upgrade VStats in the event of new options being added or if you want to swap the function of an individual VStat from heating to cooling or visa versa. You would also use this if you swapped your system from Celsius to Fahrenheit.

        24 degrees C seems like a very high temperature particularly for when the house is unoccupied, how high is your Day SetPoint! Or, are you using this to control a Desert Terrarium

        I thought you Norwegians were used to the cold!

        Steve

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

          As you have found you can manually adjust the range on the Status Graphics tab. If I remember correctly I anticipated the range being manually altered so the Increase/Decrease buttons should honour the manually adjusted range. Perhaps I should add a note in the guide about this.

          The Rebuild VStat function sets everything back to default values so will override your manually adjusted range. However, the rebuild function is only there to upgrade VStats in the event of new options being added or if you want to swap the function of an individual VStat from heating to cooling or visa versa. You would also use this if you swapped your system from Celsius to Fahrenheit.

          24 degrees C seems like a very high temperature particularly for when the house is unoccupied, how high is your Day SetPoint! Or, are you using this to control a Desert Terrarium

          I thought you Norwegians were used to the cold!

          Steve
          Lol.. yes.. it is a bit high, but this is for our bathroom. And since we have waterborne heating, there is such a long delay for increasing the temperature on the stone tiles.
          So there isn't a big reduction on the setpoint
          ​​​​​​

          Especially if we are only away for a day or two.

          Besides, it may be cold here in Norway, but that doesn't mean we like to BE cold 😝

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Groot View Post
            Besides, it may be cold here in Norway, but that doesn't mean we like to BE cold 😝
            I won’t call you a softy

            Comment

            Working...
            X