Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VStat turns MQTT relayed valve on but not off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Hologram View Post
    You got it!
    Thinking back comma/period has in fact changed.
    To begin with my server was configured with norwegian language preferences, which uses comma, and I'm pretty sure that this were the configuration when I installed the VStat plugin.
    I did not start to use VStat then though, as I had to get the MQTT stuff up and running first.
    This was where I got some issues with comma/period mismatch between my server and my other modules, so I ended up changing the server to U.S. preferences.
    I guess this caused the VStat config to get truncated.

So I guess this will be possible to reproduce by changing the language preferences between one using comma and one using period!
    But that's not an everyday change to make, so I also guess that makes it rather uncritical!
    Yes, that's a pretty unusual scenario and easy to correct the global settings. The plug-in copes fine with either a comma or period decimal place but swapping from one to another after installation obviously messes some of the global settings. I will make a note of it and next time I am fiddling with the code I might prevent the possibility of it happening to someone else.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Hologram
    replied
    You got it!
    Thinking back comma/period has in fact changed.
    To begin with my server was configured with norwegian language preferences, which uses comma, and I'm pretty sure that this were the configuration when I installed the VStat plugin.
    I did not start to use VStat then though, as I had to get the MQTT stuff up and running first.
    This was where I got some issues with comma/period mismatch between my server and my other modules, so I ended up changing the server to U.S. preferences.
    I guess this caused the VStat config to get truncated.

So I guess this will be possible to reproduce by changing the language preferences between one using comma and one using period!
    But that's not an everyday change to make, so I also guess that makes it rather uncritical!

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    I was about to post screenshots, but then I noticed something that deviated from the screenshots in the user guide!
    All the "Swing" parameters had been truncated to integers, so instead of 0.XX it said XX directly.
    Correcting them to 0.XX solved the issue....!

I don't know how this happened, I did not change them myself, but admittedly I wondered how they were meant to work given the values they had...
    I guess something went south during the install or something :/]
    Yes, that would certainly cause the issue you were seeing.
    I haven't come across this happening before so could you post your system details from the 'Tools>About Homeseer' menu and I will see if I can recreate it on a new install.

Are you a Comma or Period decimal place person? Which way was your system set when you installed the plug-in and did you change it at any point?

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Hologram
    replied
    I was about to post screenshots, but then I noticed something that deviated from the screenshots in the user guide!
    All the "Swing" parameters had been truncated to integers, so instead of 0.XX it said XX directly.
    Correcting them to 0.XX solved the issue....!

I don't know how this happened, I did not change them myself, but admittedly I wondered how they were meant to work given the values they had...
    I guess something went south during the install or something :/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vstat-Config-SS.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	1280637

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Nevermind the MQTT part.
    I have one room that uses a normal electric heater controlled by a Fibaro Wall Plug.
    Tried to create a VStat for that room now, and get the exact same issue...

Heater is turned on, but never off even though the setpoint is way below the current temperature...

I'm running Homeseer on a Windows server 2012.
    Can you post screenshots of the SDJ-VStat/Config page showing the global settings and the settings for a VStat.
    Also a screenshot showing the group of devices for the same VStat.

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Hologram
    replied
    Nevermind the MQTT part.
    I have one room that uses a normal electric heater controlled by a Fibaro Wall Plug.
    Tried to create a VStat for that room now, and get the exact same issue...

Heater is turned on, but never off even though the setpoint is way below the current temperature...

I'm running Homeseer on a Windows server 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Hologram
    started a topic VStat turns MQTT relayed valve on but not off?

VStat turns MQTT relayed valve on but not off?

I'm currently migrating from Vera to Homeseer, and right now I'm working on getting thermostats up and running.

But I'm getting a weird issue....
    Created my first VStat for my livingroom.
    Selected two zwave sensors as internal and external sensors.
    Selected a mscMQTT device as control.

Everything _looks_ good, and the first thing that happened was that the heating was turned on.

But then.. It's never turned off!

The "Zone Control" device is always On no matter what.
    Current Temperature shows 25 degrees, as the stove is lit, so no need for floor heating, setpoint is 21, but still it's On..

If I manually turn off the MQTT device it will turn off, and if I then change the setpoint of the VStat it will turn the MQTT device back on, so it's able to control it.

Any ideas on what I should check?

Attached are a couple of screenshots in case someone spot some obvious things that I have overlooked.....

Status of MQTT device:

VStat, MQTT device shows at the bottom:

Working...
X