Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDJ-Vstat won't turn off heating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SDJ-Vstat won't turn off heating

    I just notices today that the thermostats have stopped working, sort of.

    Even though the target temperature has been reached, the status is stil ON.

    Even if I activate Away mode, or manually set the target temperature below the current temperature. The plugin don't turn OFF the heating??
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1281629

    Any ideas what can be the problem?


    #2
    Checked around some more, and seams that the Swing temperature setpoint had removed the comma and the temperature threshold was 50°!
    Have no idea what has caused this. But seams to be working now. Will have to monitor it to see if it changed again.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Groot View Post
      Checked around some more, and seams that the Swing temperature setpoint had removed the comma and the temperature threshold was 50°!
      Have no idea what has caused this. But seams to be working now. Will have to monitor it to see if it changed again.
      Have you changed your computer system settings from comma to period decimal place or back the other way, perhaps to get something else working that needs it to be set one way?
      Another user encountered this. If the global settings in the ini file are saved with it set one way and then loaded with it set the other way they loose the decimal place.

      I have it on my list to sort out but had presumed it was an unlikely scenario so not urgent, perhaps I was wrong

      Steve

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

        Have you changed your computer system settings from comma to period decimal place or back the other way, perhaps to get something else working that needs it to be set one way?
        Another user encountered this. If the global settings in the ini file are saved with it set one way and then loaded with it set the other way they loose the decimal place.

        I have it on my list to sort out but had presumed it was an unlikely scenario so not urgent, perhaps I was wrong

        Steve
        When you mention it, I have changed the language in windows from Norwegian to English. So I'm guessing that could be the issue?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Groot View Post

          When you mention it, I have changed the language in windows from Norwegian to English. So I'm guessing that could be the issue?
          That explains it. Two Norwegians in 3 days changing to English! The first time it happened I thought that this is unlikely to happen again, but how wrong could I be.

          Out of interest, is there a particular reason you changed? It's the sort of thing you expect to configure when the operating system is installed and then not change again.

          The plug-in can work with all locales without problem it's just that ini files store numbers as strings and when converting this to a decimal number on startup the current locale is used. If the locale is changed between saving and loading the ini file then it messes up. Although interestingly only going from comma to period. Going from period to comma did work. Only the global settings are stored in an ini file, all other settings are stored in the root devices and are unaffected by locale.

          I have now made a change to prevent this happening to anyone else ,which should be available from the updater in a couple of days.

          Steve

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

            That explains it. Two Norwegians in 3 days changing to English! The first time it happened I thought that this is unlikely to happen again, but how wrong could I be.

            Out of interest, is there a particular reason you changed? It's the sort of thing you expect to configure when the operating system is installed and then not change again.

            The plug-in can work with all locales without problem it's just that ini files store numbers as strings and when converting this to a decimal number on startup the current locale is used. If the locale is changed between saving and loading the ini file then it messes up. Although interestingly only going from comma to period. Going from period to comma did work. Only the global settings are stored in an ini file, all other settings are stored in the root devices and are unaffected by locale.

            I have now made a change to prevent this happening to anyone else ,which should be available from the updater in a couple of days.

            Steve
            Normally I use Norwegian Windows, but I just got tired of trying to guess what the Norwegian name for the different settings and adjustables in windows.
            It's just more convenient when I can just follow the english guides step by step.

            But I have to correct my self a bit. I had a crash on my server, so after getting it back up, I installed english language. And the HS3 I restored was previously running on Norwegian Windows, but I'm guessing it's the same deal.

            After reinstall of the server, I changed all my workstations to english as well.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Groot View Post

              Normally I use Norwegian Windows, but I just got tired of trying to guess what the Norwegian name for the different settings and adjustables in windows.
              It's just more convenient when I can just follow the english guides step by step.
              Yes, we English are lucky we speak almost the same language as the Americans or we would be in the same boat

              Steve

              Comment

              Working...
              X