Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem starting heating with event.

Hi,

I have set up a event that should turn on heating based on the price of the electricity/power.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png.d564e0eb14f20c9f17280fba1fdbbbec.png
Views:	15
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1285446

No matter what the schedule is.

This should normally start the heating during the night, when the schedule is "Night".
    So I have the event to change the mode to Day.

But when the event triggers, it start heating, but turns off after 1 second.

Name:	image.thumb.png.d681b2b61eeddefae58472f26eacafda.png
Views:	17
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	1285447

As you can see of this picture, the heating turns on properly at 04:00, when the schedule says to switch to Day.

Is there something I'm missing?
    Why will this not work?

The temperature is below the set point, so that should not be the problem.

Attached Files

Activated some more logging and the Mode devices.
    Here is what it looks like.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1285517

Why there is two Auto values, I don't know.
    But here you can see that the event changes the Mode to Dag/day, but something changes it back to Auto. Wich mean Borte/Away, since that is correct according to the schedule.

Comment

I think I have solved. May look like that there was another event that made the changes.
      Have edited it now, and will see tomorrow if works.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
        I think I have solved. May look like that there was another event that made the changes.
        Have edited it now, and will see tomorrow if works.
        Hi Groot,

There shouldn't be any issue with doing what you are doing so hopefully you have tracked down your specific problem to contradictory events.

The pi design is that when a VStat is running a schedule you can make temporary changes like changing the Target Temperature or the heating mode and they will revert to the schedule at the next change or at midnight. So if you change your mode from Low/Night to High/Day based on energy price changing and it was before midnight it would change back to Low/Night at midnight. If it's after midnight it will change back at the next schedule change.

You may therefore want to add another trigger to your event to occur at 1 minute past midnight, something like:

OR IF The time is at 00:01:00
        AND IF The Power Price <= the lower value
        AND IF The Utility Virtual Feriemode has a value equal to Hjemme

However, it does depend on how your Power Price device is changed. You are currently triggering on Set, rather than Changes and Becomes, so if it is being set very frequently your current event will re-trigger shortly after midnight anyway.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Hi Groot,

There shouldn't be any issue with doing what you are doing so hopefully you have tracked down your specific problem to contradictory events.

The pi design is that when a VStat is running a schedule you can make temporary changes like changing the Target Temperature or the heating mode and they will revert to the schedule at the next change or at midnight. So if you change your mode from Low/Night to High/Day based on energy price changing and it was before midnight it would change back to Low/Night at midnight. If it's after midnight it will change back at the next schedule change.

You may therefore want to add another trigger to your event to occur at 1 minute past midnight, something like:

OR IF The time is at 00:01:00
          AND IF The Power Price <= the lower value
          AND IF The Utility Virtual Feriemode has a value equal to Hjemme

However, it does depend on how your Power Price device is changed. You are currently triggering on Set, rather than Changes and Becomes, so if it is being set very frequently your current event will re-trigger shortly after midnight anyway.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve
          Thanks for the input!

The price is only below low during the night, so takes some time for testing different scenarios.
          Butt will see tonight how it goes

Comment

Working...
          X