Disregard "dead" temp.sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disregard "dead" temp.sensors?

Love the addition to use average temperature of multiple temp.sensors!
    But, I use a lot of battery powered temp.sensors and they sometimes run out of batteries, making the device stop being updated and "stick" at whatever temperature was the last one before the battery died. Could there be an (global) option to "disregard temperature sensors not updated for more than x minutes"? Making the average/lowest/highest setting to simply ignore sensors that are not receiving temperature readings for some reason?

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    But, I use a lot of battery powered temp.sensors and they sometimes run out of batteries, making the device stop being updated and "stick" at whatever temperature was the last one before the battery died. Could there be an (global) option to "disregard temperature sensors not updated for more than x minutes"? Making the average/lowest/highest setting to simply ignore sensors that are not receiving temperature readings for some reason?
    That's should be doable and I can see the sense in it. I will put it on my list of things to do.

Out of interest what technology are your battery sensors? Do you use SDJ-Health to monitor them so you are alerted when they die?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

That's should be doable and I can see the sense in it. I will put it on my list of things to do.

Out of interest what technology are your battery sensors? Do you use SDJ-Health to monitor them so you are alerted when they die?

Steve
      Great!

It's a mix, but mostly Xiaomi Aqara (ZigBee) and a couple of Netatmo (they don’t run on batteries, but sometimes go offline or the cloud is down). I am using SDJ-Health for my Z-Wave devices.

Comment

I would also love to have this feature

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
          I would also love to have this feature
          I am planning some additions to the pi at the moment so will hopefully incorporate the option to ignore sluggish sensors when averaging in the next update.

Steve

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

....I use a lot of battery powered temp.sensors and they sometimes run out of batteries, making the device stop being updated and "stick" at whatever temperature was the last one before the battery died. Could there be an (global) option to "disregard temperature sensors not updated for more than x minutes"? Making the average/lowest/highest setting to simply ignore sensors that are not receiving temperature readings for some reason?
              Hi ZoRaC,

I have this feature added and will be releasing the new version soon once I have finished testing.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                I have this feature added and will be releasing the new version soon once I have finished testing.
                Sounds great Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
                  Sounds great Steve.
                  metkhoo
                  ZoRaC

I have attached a beta version to the following thread which, amongst other things, does have this feature added if you want to test:
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...-aren-t-on-off

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X