Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule graphic not updating in HSTouch

Hi All,
    How do I get the schedule graphic to update correctly in a custom HSTouch screen?

Currently I need to restart the HSTouch app every day to update the graphic to the next day. It shows the correct day immediately but it does not change automatically on the next day.

It is placed on the HSTouch screen as an image object with
    "IgnorePress=True"
    "Status Track =Today's Schedule"

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    /Marcus

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
    Hi All,
    How do I get the schedule graphic to update correctly in a custom HSTouch screen?

Currently I need to restart the HSTouch app every day to update the graphic to the next day. It shows the correct day immediately but it does not change automatically on the next day.

It is placed on the HSTouch screen as an image object with
    "IgnorePress=True"
    "Status Track =Today's Schedule"

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    /Marcus
    Hi Marcus,

What I find is that HSTouch doesn't detect that the image in the status string has changed so it doesn't update if you use the status tracking.

What I do is use an image element and set it to point to the graphic for the schedule. The pi stores these in the HS3 images/SDJ-VStat folder. So you set the ImageURLNormal as follows:

http://127.0.0.1:7997/images/SDJ-VStat/West Wing VSTAT-today.png

Where
    7997 is the port you have HS3 web server set to (default is 80)
    West Wing VSTAT is the name of the particular VStat

If you are on Linux be aware that everything is case sensitive.

Because HSTouch caches the images you also need to set:
    IsVideo to True
    IsVideoRefreshRate = 15

IsVideoRefreshRate could be any number really but sets the number of seconds between refreshes. It doesn't need to be too small and could be much larger but at 15 seconds it makes it reasonably responsive if I change the schedule the graphic will update relatively quickly.

This works perfectly for me so give it a try and if you have any problems post back. I set this up a long time ago and did try various methods but this worked well so haven't thought about it since.

Looking at it now, with fresh eyes, it would probably be possible to modify the pi so that the status tracking method would work. All that should be necessary is that the pi changes the hidden value of the device when it changes the graphic which should trigger HSTouch to refresh the graphic. When I have a moment I will try that, although I might have tried it in the past and found it didn't work.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve,

That's a brilliant suggestion. I'll try it tonight and report my findings later

Thanks again
      /Marcus

Comment

Strangely, that didn't work.

I am running the Windows version of HS and these are my settings on the Image object:

Click image for larger version

Name:	imgsettings.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1342606
        The destination tablet is a wall mounted Android tablet (Actaully a Zipatile) running android 5.0.2

Any help appreciated. Thanks
        /Marcus

Comment

Strangely, that didn't work.

I am running the Windows version of HS and these are my settings on the Image object:

Click image for larger version

Name:	imgsettings.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1342606
          The destination tablet is a wall mounted Android tablet (Actaully a Zipatile) running android 5.0.2

Any help appreciated. Thanks
          /Marcus
          Hi Marcus,

It looks like you still have Status Tracking set which probably overrides the image. Try creating a new image element and just set the ImageURLNormal, IsVideo and IsVideoRefreshRate.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve
            You were correct, I created a new HS Designer image and ensured I did NOT select StatusTracking this time. It updates as you said.
            Thanks for your help
            Strange that it is not possible to REMOVE a Status Track after you assign it...
            /Marcus

Comment

Hi Steve
              You were correct, I created a new HS Designer image and ensured I did NOT select StatusTracking this time. It updates as you said.
              Thanks for your help
              Strange that it is not possible to REMOVE a Status Track after you assign it...
              /Marcus
              Hi Marcus,

Glad it's working.

You can remove status tracking by selecting 'None' from the 'Normal Association Type' drop down. I just suggested deleting and recreating the element in case there were any other settings configured that might be incorrect.

Steve

Comment

Ah. Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
                X