Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VStat and negative temp values

Hello,

I'm using a VStat in a somewhat creative way to control an oil fired boiler triggered by outdoor temps (using an external temp value in place of internal temp to turn on the oil furnace when it goes below -5C).

Everything is working great, however I noticed the negative temp values show up blank in the status column for high\low\frost set point values. Pic attached for clarity.

Just an FYI.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Atticka View Post
    Hello,

I'm using a VStat in a somewhat creative way to control an oil fired boiler triggered by outdoor temps (using an external temp value in place of internal temp to turn on the oil furnace when it goes below -5C).

Everything is working great, however I noticed the negative temp values show up blank in the status column for high\low\frost set point values. Pic attached for clarity.

Just an FYI.
    Well you got me there, I didn't expect anybody to want their set points below freezing!

Anyway it's easy to adjust. If you go to the Status Graphics tab of each SetPoint device you will see a range configured. For the High SetPoint the range is 15 to 30 degrees C. The reason for restricting the range is that it reduces the number of entries in Event Action droplists. Just change the Stat value of the range to -5, or whatever you want, and the value will display correctly.

Don't alter the 1001 and 1002 Control values as the pi uses them to increase and decrease by set steps.

If you rebuild a VStat it will reset the range but otherwise it should stick.

Any problems let me know.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X