Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

number of thermostats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • number of thermostats


    good morning I wanted to know if the number of thermostats can be increased? thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
    good morning I wanted to know if the number of thermostats can be increased? thanks
    So you have got to 20 and you want more🤑

    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
      good morning I wanted to know if the number of thermostats can be increased? thanks
      I'm intrigued. Why would you need more than 20 thermostats? I have just two, one for hot water and one for heating and they do me just fine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi
        I would need about 25 thermostats to check all the areas in my house / company

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not a software engineer and I don't know if I can change some parameters in the configuration to increase the number of thermostats

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
            I'm not a software engineer and I don't know if I can change some parameters in the configuration to increase the number of thermostats
            The limit is 20 which you can't change. However, I can increase it in a future update if you like.
            I'm currently fine tuning some updates so I don't want to change anything else until I am happy that they are fully working and released. It will probably be after Christmas now.

            In the meantime I'd be interested in knowing more about your intended use. What sort of sensors are you using and what type of devices will you be controlling with the VStats?

            Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
              Hi
              I would need about 25 thermostats to check all the areas in my house / company
              I had a Zipato system and had a virtual thermostat for every room of the house. It was way too complex for other house members to use and I only have one heat source so it was also complicated to set up.

              By the way do you have more than 20 totally independent heat sources? The reason is that trying to deal with just two independent thermostats with one heat source can be complicated to set up. For example wanting heat in both and then only wanting heat in one. If you have only one source you need to make sure that when the first one to goes off it does not affect the second one staying on.

              I am sure you get my point...



              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks Steve I would be happy if you can increase the number of thermostats in the future.
                to your thermostats I connect Sonoffs with tasmota firmware using MQTT
                The thermostat controls the power supply to the fan coil and sends the command to the heating plant in which NodeMCU is installed.
                NodeMcu controls pumps, boilers, domestic hot water heating and reads the temperatures of: Heating pump outlet, DHW storage and outdoor temperature.

                With all these parameters, I better manage the heating system.
                On each fancoil an Ifan03 will be installed to check the fan speed according to the room temperature.
                When all the rooms are at temperature the boiler switches off.
                When the temperature of all heated rooms is near to the comfort value, the boiler flow temperature is reduced.
                thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
                  NodeMcu controls pumps, boilers, domestic hot water heating ..
                  Wow, is this a single dwelling House?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
                    Thanks Steve I would be happy if you can increase the number of thermostats in the future.
                    to your thermostats I connect Sonoffs with tasmota firmware using MQTT
                    The thermostat controls the power supply to the fan coil and sends the command to the heating plant in which NodeMCU is installed.
                    NodeMcu controls pumps, boilers, domestic hot water heating and reads the temperatures of: Heating pump outlet, DHW storage and outdoor temperature.

                    With all these parameters, I better manage the heating system.
                    On each fancoil an Ifan03 will be installed to check the fan speed according to the room temperature.
                    When all the rooms are at temperature the boiler switches off.
                    When the temperature of all heated rooms is near to the comfort value, the boiler flow temperature is reduced.
                    thanks
                    I will update in the near future and notify you when it is ready.

                    Rather than just increase the max limit my plan is to reconfigure things a little so there is no limit, which is slightly more involved. I should have done it that way in the first place but I wasn't really thinking Started at 10 but very quickly somebody wanted it increasing to 20. Now 25, next "To infinity..... and beyond"


                    Steve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                      I will update in the near future and notify you when it is ready.

                      Rather than just increase the max limit my plan is to reconfigure things a little so there is no limit, which is slightly more involved. I should have done it that way in the first place but I wasn't really thinking Started at 10 but very quickly somebody wanted it increasing to 20. Now 25, next "To infinity..... and beyond"
                      yuricorisio
                      I have added version 3.0.9.7. to the Beta section of the updater which can have an unlimited number of VStats created, if you want to test it.

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hello and happy new year
                        thank you so much for the work done
                        I will start testing the new version after January 7th.
                        I'll let you know how it goes
                        thank you
                        Yuri

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
                          hello and happy new year
                          thank you so much for the work done
                          I will start testing the new version after January 7th.
                          I'll let you know how it goes
                          thank you
                          Yuri
                          Ok. IF you have any issues or suggestions post here and I will do my best to help.

                          Steve

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello
                            I tried to install the new version but the addition of thermostats doesn't work
                            when I enter the name the thermostat is not created and VStat-21 is proposed again
                            thank you

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by yuricorisio View Post
                              Hello
                              I tried to install the new version but the addition of thermostats doesn't work
                              when I enter the name the thermostat is not created and VStat-21 is proposed again
                              thank you
                              Sorry there is a small bug crept in there
                              I'll release an update tonight.

                              Steve

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X