Feature Request: Humidity and overcooling control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Humidity and overcooling control

Wanted to say Thank you first and foremost for this plugin. I live in the swamp (florida) where humidity is a problem in the summertime. One feature of my old nest was where you can overcool the temperature in order to compensate for high humidity. It would be nice to set a target humidity range and match this to a humidity sensor. If mode=cooling AND humidity (sensor#) is above value X then +4 degrees on the setpoint. I have MQTT based temp and humidity sensors in each room with a dedicated minisplit (8 zones) which could benefit from this kind of logic.

Originally posted by akkord64 View Post
    Wanted to say Thank you first and foremost for this plugin. I live in the swamp (florida) where humidity is a problem in the summertime. One feature of my old nest was where you can overcool the temperature in order to compensate for high humidity. It would be nice to set a target humidity range and match this to a humidity sensor. If mode=cooling AND humidity (sensor#) is above value X then +4 degrees on the setpoint. I have MQTT based temp and humidity sensors in each room with a dedicated minisplit (8 zones) which could benefit from this kind of logic.
    It would be a fairly major change to the plug-in to fully add a feature like this but if I made a small change you could probably achieve what you want to do with some HS3 events.

The VStats currently have a feature called 'Open Windows' which effectively reduces the Heating Target Temperature or increases the Cooling Target Temperature by a set amount when you set it to Open, usually by an event triggered by window sensors. At the moment the pi only accepts a positive number for the Reduction/Increase as that is the purpose of the Open Windows feature. However, if I changed this to allow negative numbers you should be able to use it to reduce the cooling target temperature from the normal SetPoint values when the humidity is high.
    You would probably use a recurring event that checks the humidity of a room and if it is above a certain value set the Open Windows device for the particular VStat to 'Open' or if it is below set it to 'Closed'.

If you think you would like to give that a try let me know and I will modify the pi accordingly.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X