Wrong day on schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong day on schedule

Noticed when we woke up today, Saturday, that it was a bit colder than normal.
    Having a look at my devices, i can see that the plugin uses the schedule for Friday, not Saturday.
    Is this a known fault with a easy fix?
    Or is this a 2020 problem? 😝
    I'm on 3.0.9.3

Originally posted by Groot View Post
    Noticed when we woke up today, Saturday, that it was a bit colder than normal.
    Having a look at my devices, i can see that the plugin uses the schedule for Friday, not Saturday.
    Is this a known fault with a easy fix?
    Or is this a 2020 problem? 😝
    I'm on 3.0.9.3
    Hi Groot,

No its not a known issue. Certainly all my VStats are on Saturday's schedules.
    One user did have a caching issue with Safari where the graphic for the schedule was not being updated but that was just the graphic not the actual schedule.
    The new day's schedule graphics are created at just after midnight or when a schedule is adjusted or when the pi starts up, so I guess if there was some problem with the system around midnight it might fail to create the new graphics but it wouldn't affect the actual schedules that the VStats were following.

From your message it certainly sounds like the schedules are wrong not just the graphic but can you just check your HS log and see what time the VStats kicked in this morning and how that compares to your schedule.

If they are wrong then disabling and re-enabling the pi should reset the schedules but we need to understand what might have happened to cause this. Let me know what you find from the logs and I will investigate further.

You could update to 3.0.9.7. which is in the beta section of the updater (back up first) but the updates weren't to address any bugs in the schedules implementation.

Steve

P.S. If you want to check for a caching issue with the device image not refreshing correctly have a look in the \\html\images\SDJ-VStat folder of your HS3 installation. The images for today's schedules are stored there and the date modified should be today. They are named
    Name of VStat-today.png

Comment

Hi,
      I saw this morning that the schedule device was last changed 00:00:13, so the plugin did in fact load the friday schedule on saturday. Can't say why though.
      I have no indication that there was anything other problems with my system around midnight.

After checking the log, it looks like the plugin has been using the friday schedule, so it is not just a image error.

I have not seen this problem before, but then again it is not something I have checked.

After restarting the plugin, the PI loaded the correct Saturday schedule.

Comment

Hi,
        I saw this morning that the schedule device was last changed 00:00:13, so the plugin did in fact load the friday schedule on saturday. Can't say why though.
        I have no indication that there was anything other problems with my system around midnight.

After checking the log, it looks like the plugin has been using the friday schedule, so it is not just a image error.

I have not seen this problem before, but then again it is not something I have checked.

After restarting the plugin, the PI loaded the correct Saturday schedule.
        The thing is that the VStats don't load schedules, the full 7 day schedule is saved in each VStat Root device. The only time the schedule changes is if you edit it from the VStat_Scheduler program or import a new or revised schedule. The only thing that is generated each day is the schedule graphic to display in the Schedule Child Device.
        So whilst you will see the schedule child device last change time at just after midnight each day, it is just the graphic image that is changed.

The actual schedule is running all the time and is based on the data stored in the root device and uses the System Time to determine the day and time of day. I don't understand how a VStat can be following the wrong day of the schedule so need to investigate further.

Can you provide the following information so I can look into this:
        • Do you use EasyTrigger for creating and editing the schedules or do you use VStat_Scheduler?
        • Do you have any events importing schedules into the VStats.
        Can you pick one of the VStats that misbehaved and export the schedule (name it Test-Schedule when you export it) then copy the text representation of the schedule and post it here. If you use EasyTrigger the schedule will be exported to EasyTrigger and you can copy and paste the text representation from the EasyTrigger config page. Otherwise it will be exported to the SDJ-VStat.ini file which you can copy and paste it from.

The text representation looks something like:
        [Mon 06:30;Mon 11:45],[Mon 12:30;Mon 22:30],......

Can you also filter your log for just the mode child device of that VStat. Use the Search Text of the Log view and put the full name of the Mode child including if necessary Location1 and Location2 so the log only shows the changes of that device. For example one of mine would be 'VSTAT Dominion VSTAT Mode', where VSTAT is Location1, Dominion VSTAT is Location2 and Mode is the name of the device. It will depend a bit on how your system is set up what these are called, what order they are in and whether you need more than just the name to uniquely identify the device in the log. Filter for the last 7 days and post the output for just this device.

If you have 'Do not log commands from this device' checked on the Configuration tab for the device then it won't have been logged so uncheck it and we will need to let it run for a couple of days before comparing it with the schedule.

Thanks, and sorry you are having problems.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
          Can you also filter your log for just the mode child device of that VStat. Use the Search Text of the Log view and put the full name of the Mode child including if necessary Location1 and Location2 so the log only shows the changes of that device. For example one of mine would be 'VSTAT Dominion VSTAT Mode', where VSTAT is Location1, Dominion VSTAT is Location2 and Mode is the name of the device. It will depend a bit on how your system is set up what these are called, what order they are in and whether you need more than just the name to uniquely identify the device in the log. Filter for the last 7 days and post the output for just this device.

If you have 'Do not log commands from this device' checked on the Configuration tab for the device then it won't have been logged so uncheck it and we will need to let it run for a couple of days before comparing it with the schedule.
          Actually, having done this myself I find that HS doesn't log the device changes of the Mode child where they originate from within the plug-in so it doesn't help looking for these changes in the log. The best thing is just to set the SDJ-VStat log level to 1 and then filter the log for Type SDJ-VStat. You can also filter it further by using the name of the particular VStat in the Search Text field. You can then see all the changes and compare them to the schedule.

I have set up a test schedule yesterday for 1 VStat that is distinctively different on each day and so far it has followed it precisely. For example for Sunday it has a schedule change to High at 07:00 and back to Low at 07:15. Below is the filtered log.
          Jan-05 07:15:01 SDJ-VStat Zone control set to Off : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:15:01 SDJ-VStat Target Temp set to 17 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:15:01 SDJ-VStat Operating Mode set to Auto (currently Low) : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:13:50 SDJ-VStat CurrentTemp set to 20.4 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:13:34 SDJ-VStat External Temp changed to 8.6 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:08:48 SDJ-VStat CurrentTemp set to 20.2 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:06:34 SDJ-VStat External Temp changed to 8.7 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:03:47 SDJ-VStat CurrentTemp set to 20.1 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:00:01 SDJ-VStat Zone control set to On : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:00:01 SDJ-VStat Target Temp set to 21.4 : Dominion VSTAT
          Jan-05 07:00:01 SDJ-VStat Operating Mode set to Auto (currently High) : Dominion VSTAT
          Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Hi,

And thanks a lot for excellent support.

• Do you use EasyTrigger for creating and editing the schedules or do you use VStat_Scheduler?
            • Do you have any events importing schedules into the VStats.
            That is a No to both.

Here is the schedule export:
            Test-Schedule=[Mon 03:00;Mon 04:45],[Mon 12:00;Mon 21:15],[Tue 03:00;Tue 04:45],[Tue 12:00;Tue 21:15],[Wed 03:00;Wed 04:45],[Wed 12:00;Wed 21:15],[Thu 03:00;Thu 04:45],[Thu 12:00;Thu 21:15],[Fri 03:00;Fri 04:45],[Fri 12:00;Fri 21:15],[Sat 03:00;Sat 04:45],[Sat 07:00;Sat 21:15],[Sun 03:00;Sun 04:45],[Sun 07:00;Sun 21:15]

I have not noticed any faults since I restarted the plugin yesterday.

I have now changed the log level to 1, and will try to monitor and see if the plugin follows the schedule.

Comment

That is a No to both.
              Sorry I worded the first question badly in that it wasn't really a yes or no answer.

For creating or editing the schedules do you use:
              EasyTrigger
              or
              VStat_Scheduler

If neither, what do you do?

Also, are you on Windows or Linux, not that it should matter?

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Sorry I worded the first question badly in that it wasn't really a yes or no answer.

For creating or editing the schedules do you use:
                EasyTrigger
                or
                VStat_Scheduler

If neither, what do you do?

Also, are you on Windows or Linux, not that it should matter?

Thanks,
                Steve
                sorry.. Did not get the last part of the first line
                I'm using VStat_Scheduler and I'm on Windows.

Comment

sorry.. Did not get the last part of the first line
                  I'm using VStat_Scheduler and I'm on Windows.
                  Thanks, if you have any requests or suggestions for the VStat_Scheduler let me know.
                  Whilst I like being able to overlay schedules so that you can edit more than one day at the same time I was thinking of adding the option to display the full week of schedules.

By the way it is probably worth you updating to 3.0.9.7, if you haven't already done so. The checking you are doing might as well be on the latest version. It has been submitted to the updater but might not appear for a couple of days, however it is in the beta section of the updater.

NOTE that the VStat_Scheduler has also been updated which is necessary for changes in the latest version of SDJ-VStat. It is installed with the update.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X