Duplicate Status text for device mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Status text for device mode

Hi Steve. First of all I want to thank you for your good work with Sdj-vstat.

I use sdj-vstat 3.1.0.1 with hs3. When I create a new heating Vstat I get duplicate Status text for device Mode. I am not using master slave operation when doing this, but I experience the same problem when Vstat are synced from the master first. When I make a event using the device mode I get duplicate modes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Status text for device mode.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	1370109

Name:	Vstat Kjøkken.PNG
Views:	121
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1370110

Name:	Event device mode.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1370108
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jaja View Post
    I use sdj-vstat 3.1.0.1 with hs3. When I create a new heating Vstat I get duplicate Status text for device Mode. I am not using master slave operation when doing this, but I experience the same problem when Vstat are synced from the master first. When I make a event using the device mode I get duplicate modes.
    Hi JaJa

What you are seeing is by design.
    There are several mode statuses with the same text description which represent subtle differences in the VStat operation which are outwardly represented as a single state. Each one only has one 'control' value. So, if you were using them as an action in an event you will only see one of each in the list of available control actions. Using the Mode as a condition you will see all the duplicates as you have shown. What is the specific situation where you want to use the Mode as a condition?

For your information the modes with duplicate status texts actually represent the following:

3-'Hold' due to manually set temperature where mode was Frost before manually setting so will stick until next manual change
    4-'Hold' due to manually set temperature where mode was Auto before manually setting so will only stick until next scheduled change

5-'Auto' running on schedule currently Low
    6-'Auto' running on schedule currently High

7-'Boost' will return to Frost at end of Boost time
    8-'Boost' will return to Auto at end of Boost time

I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve for your help.

What is the specific situation where you want to use the Mode as a condition?
      I was trying to do the same as Groot here, but with conditions. I wanted to set up a event that should turn on heating based on the price of the electricity/power.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...ing-with-event

Here is my event, but I do not know if its works. Any advice?

Name:	Tibber event low price.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1370156

Name:	Tibber event high price.PNG
Views:	138
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1370157

Comment

Thanks Steve for your help.

I was trying to do the same as Groot here, but with conditions. I wanted to set up a event that should turn on heating based on the price of the electricity/power.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...ing-with-event

Here is my event, but I do not know if its works. Any advice?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tibber event low price.PNG Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	1370156
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Tibber event high price.PNG Views:	0 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	1370157
        OK, I might be missing the intricacies of what you are trying to do, can you explain it in words?

My thoughts are that you have a VStat running to a schedule controlling some heating which in 'Auto' mode is changing the heating between 'Heat' and 'Energy Save Heat'. However, if the price of power goes above a certain value you want to force the VStat to 'Energy Save Heat' if the schedule is currently 'Heat'?

Presuming that the VStat is in 'Auto' mode then the 'Mode' will be changing between values 5 and 6 in accordance with the schedule. I would think you would need the one event with your recurring trigger and a condition checking whether the price is above a value.

IF The event will trigger every 5m
        AND IF The power price > than the High Value
        AND IF The 'Mode' = 6 (use Enter a custom value or value range to enter the value 6)
        THEN Set 'Mode' to 'Energy Save Heat'

This would set the VStat to 'Energy Save Heat' and it would stay like that until the next schedule change when it will go back to 'Auto'.

If you want it to be force back to 'Auto' if the power price drops back down then a second event

IF The event will trigger every 5m
        AND IF The power price <= than the High Value
        AND IF The 'Mode' = 'Energy Save Heat'
        THEN Set 'Mode' to 'Auto'

This would be interrupted by manual interruptions to the VStat, e.g. setting to 'Boost' or temporarily raising or lowering the Target Temperature effectively puting the VStat in 'Hold'. However, you probably would want manual interventions to override changes due to power price fluctuations.

Depending on how the device reporting your power price is being updated you might use that being set as the trigger rather than the 5 min recurring trigger.

Let me know your thoughts and I will try and advise further.

Steve

Comment

My thoughts are that you have a VStat running to a schedule controlling some heating which in 'Auto' mode is changing the heating between 'Heat' and 'Energy Save Heat'. However, if the price of power goes above a certain value you want to force the VStat to 'Energy Save Heat' if the schedule is currently 'Heat'?
          This is exactly what I am looking for. I also want manual interventions to override changes due to power price fluctuations.

Depending on how the device reporting your power price is being updated you might use that being set as the trigger rather than the 5 min recurring trigger.
          I used "recurring trigger" instead of "trigger" as I am unsure if a trigger repeats itself and how often it does. Have read how a trigger works here, but I'm still confused: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ggers?t=173360

I want an event that checks all day whether the electricity price is high or low and that sets the thermostat using vstat for heating or heat saving mode from this. At the same time, vstat's schedule should be followed by day and night lowering.
          Is it possible to attend such an event? Will this be two events that oppose each other or can this be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            This is exactly what I am looking for. I also want manual interventions to override changes due to power price fluctuations.
            In that case I think something like the 2 events I suggested in my previous post (#4) should work.
            Basically when a VStat is running to a schedule it is in 'Auto' mode and the status value changes between 5 and 6 (both status 'Auto') to the schedule. What you want is that if the price or power gets high and the 'Mode' is 'Auto' Heat (value 6) then force the VStat to 'Energy Save Heat'. You can't force between the two 'Auto' states 5 and 6, they are controlled by the schedule, but you can set the VStat temporarily to 'Energy Save Heat' (value 1).
            Having forced the VStat to mode 'Energy Save Heat' it would stay in that mode until the next schedule change.
            That may be OK but, if you prefer, then adding the second event will set the VStat back to mode 'Auto' if the price drops back down.

Either way if you manually intervene, then for the duration of that intervention the high price event won't change anything because the VStat will not be in mode 'Auto'. Actually there is one exception in that due to the second event, if you manually change the VStat to mode 'Energy Save Heat' it will jump back to 'Auto' if the pricing is low.

Give the events a try and let me know how you get on.

I used "recurring trigger" instead of "trigger" as I am unsure if a trigger repeats itself and how often it does. Have read how a trigger works here, but I'm still confused: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ggers?t=173360

I want an event that checks all day whether the electricity price is high or low and that sets the thermostat using vstat for heating or heat saving mode from this. At the same time, vstat's schedule should be followed by day and night lowering.
            The recurring trigger should work ok.
            Alternatively you could use the price as the trigger depending on how that device is being set, changed and how often. As always there are various ways of achieving the same thing.

If you kept the same conditions (AND IF) as in the recurring events then you could just change the triggers (IF) to be the Power Price device being set
            'This device just had its value set or changed'

Or
            you could do away with the conditions (AND IF) and use the following triggers (IF):
            1st event
            'This device had its value set and it is greater than...'

2nd event
            'This device had its value set and it is less than...'

In the above cases the events should be triggered every time the value of the Price device is set, whether it has changed or not. How is this being set and how often?

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

I think I've made this too complicated. The author of the Tibberseer plugin has created his own events which are updated every 15 minutes. Using these events as a trigger, I see that the vstat thermostat alternates between Heat and Energy Save Heat (https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/file...bberseer-beta/).

So my events look like this now. Thank you for your help and keep up your good work.

Name:	TibberSeer heat.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1370399

Name:	TibberSeer heat1.PNG
Views:	105
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1370400

Name:	DeviceHistory heat.PNG