HS4 support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 support?

Hi, just tried the PI on HS4 beta and there seems to be problem selecting temperature sensors, the dropdown list comes up empty.
    The control device list populates correctly.

Have anyone tried it on HS4? Is it supposed to work?

Thanks

Originally posted by brekkjen View Post
    Hi, just tried the PI on HS4 beta and there seems to be problem selecting temperature sensors, the dropdown list comes up empty.
    The control device list populates correctly.

Have anyone tried it on HS4? Is it supposed to work?

Thanks
    I did test SDJ-VStat under an early HS4 Alpha and a couple of Betas and didn't notice any issues. When I have some time over the weekend I will load up the latest Beta and test specifically for what you are reporting.

In the meantime if you could set LogLevel=2, try to set temperature sensors again, and post the SDJ-VStat log messages, it would be helpful.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for answering so quickly, here is the log file. The temperature sensor I want to use is the one that shows in the log.

4.17.2020 10:52:13 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Hovedetasje Kjøken Luminance Set to 391 (Lux)
      4.17.2020 10:52:09 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat LogLevel changed To 1
      4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
      4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
      4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
      4.17.2020 10:52:02 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
      4.17.2020 10:52:02 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
      4.17.2020 10:50:43 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat PluginExtraData written for Termostat kjøkken
      4.17.2020 10:50:43 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Termostat kjøkken Control Device Set To ref#0
      4.17.2020 10:50:40 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat PluginExtraData written for Termostat kjøkken
      4.17.2020 10:50:40 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Termostat kjøkken Control Device Set To ref#7
      4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
      4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
      4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
      4.17.2020 10:50:23 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
      4.17.2020 10:50:23 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
      4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
      4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
      4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
      4.17.2020 10:50:11 HomeSeer Device Control Device: 1. etg Teknisk rom Switch to On (255)
      4.17.2020 10:50:11 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Temperaturstyring Kjøkenvarme på"
      4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Hovedetasje Kjøken Temperature Set to 22,9 (C)
      4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
      4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
      4.17.2020 10:50:01 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat LogLevel changed To 2

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for answering so quickly, here is the log file. The temperature sensor I want to use is the one that shows in the log.

4.17.2020 10:52:13 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Hovedetasje Kjøken Luminance Set to 391 (Lux)
        4.17.2020 10:52:09 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat LogLevel changed To 1
        4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
        4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
        4.17.2020 10:52:07 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
        4.17.2020 10:52:02 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
        4.17.2020 10:52:02 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
        4.17.2020 10:50:43 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat PluginExtraData written for Termostat kjøkken
        4.17.2020 10:50:43 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Termostat kjøkken Control Device Set To ref#0
        4.17.2020 10:50:40 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat PluginExtraData written for Termostat kjøkken
        4.17.2020 10:50:40 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Termostat kjøkken Control Device Set To ref#7
        4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
        4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
        4.17.2020 10:50:28 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
        4.17.2020 10:50:23 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
        4.17.2020 10:50:23 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
        4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists complete.
        4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Lists completed.
        4.17.2020 10:50:16 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building device lists...limit Controls to those with On/Off.
        4.17.2020 10:50:11 HomeSeer Device Control Device: 1. etg Teknisk rom Switch to On (255)
        4.17.2020 10:50:11 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Temperaturstyring Kjøkenvarme på"
        4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Hovedetasje Kjøken Temperature Set to 22,9 (C)
        4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Debug - Building schedules list complete
        4.17.2020 10:50:11 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat Building schedules sorted list...
        4.17.2020 10:50:01 Legacy-Plugin SDJ-VStat LogLevel changed To 2
        I loaded up HS4 4.0.4.0 and imported my HS3 database and ran some tests on SDJ-VStat. As far as I can tell it is working ok, I can select and alter which temperature sensors different VStats are using and I created a new VStat and selected temperature sensors for that.
        The config page is a little clunky, compared to HS3, as it seems to be messing with text sizes and drop list widths, but it is usable. It was like this in the Alpha but I hoped they would have improved the legacy compatibility by now.

Is this a new installation or an upgrade of an HS3 installation?
        If an upgrade were things working ok in HS3?
        What sort of temperature sensors do you have? Device model, plug-in they are using?

I suspect I know what the problem is with yours but let me understand the facts better before I jump to conclusions.

Steve

Comment

This is a new installation, but I had HS3 running with SDJ-VStat and the same sensor before.
          Its a Fibaro multisensor like this: https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/motion-sensor/
          Using the Homeseer Z-wave 3.0.2.0 plugin

Thanks

Comment

This is a new installation, but I had HS3 running with SDJ-VStat and the same sensor before.
            Its a Fibaro multisensor like this: https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/motion-sensor/
            Using the Homeseer Z-wave 3.0.2.0 plugin
            OK, that's a little intriguing.

So, am I correct in that you included the fibaro sensor using the Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 pi in HS4?

SDJ-VStat uses the Device Type (String) of devices to filter the available devices it uses to populate the sensor drop down lists. This is just for convenience to avoid presenting a massive list of devices the majority of which won't be temperature sensors. The advantage of using the Device Type (string) is that plug-ins usually set this to something appropriate but don't actually use it for anything and, it can be edited by the user (in HS3). This allows the user to add available devices to the drop downs if they have non-standard device types without risk of messing with another plug-in. It is only used for populating the lists, once a sensor has been selected it is assigned to the VStat. The filtering is basically if the Device Type (String) contains 'temp' or 'weather'.

The Z-Wave plug-in has always set the Device Type (String) to 'Z-Wave Temperature' for all temperature sensors, so these are all included in the lists. Now, the 3.0.2.0. version of the Z-Wave pi may be different as it is said to be a 'Prep for the HS4 version' and maybe they have dropped the Device Type (String). I haven't found a way for a user to display or edit the Device Type (String) in HS4, the advanced tab has gone and, whilst some of the information that was on the advanced tab is now shown at the bottom of the Status Graphics tab, it doesn't include the Device Type (String). This was logged as an issue with the HS4 Beta some time ago but doesn't appear to have been addressed.

If the 3.0.2.0. version of the Z-Wave pi isn't setting the Device Type (String) then that would explain why your lists aren't being populated but mine, and others, are. However, it is difficult to check because in HS4 you don't appear to be able to display the Device Type (String). I might see if Jon00's Device Viewer works with HS4 as this displays all the information.

If this is the issue it shouldn't be too difficult for me to work round I just need to decide on a different way to filter for sensor devices that is compatible with HS4 created devices. I was expecting a problem such as this to arise when HS finally produce their native HS4 Z-Wave plug-in but it has been a long time coming. I will need to do some experimenting and then put up a beta version for you to test if you could.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

OK, that's a little intriguing.

So, am I correct in that you included the fibaro sensor using the Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 pi in HS4?

SDJ-VStat uses the Device Type (String) of devices to filter the available devices it uses to populate the sensor drop down lists. This is just for convenience to avoid presenting a massive list of devices the majority of which won't be temperature sensors. The advantage of using the Device Type (string) is that plug-ins usually set this to something appropriate but don't actually use it for anything and, it can be edited by the user (in HS3). This allows the user to add available devices to the drop downs if they have non-standard device types without risk of messing with another plug-in. It is only used for populating the lists, once a sensor has been selected it is assigned to the VStat. The filtering is basically if the Device Type (String) contains 'temp' or 'weather'.

The Z-Wave plug-in has always set the Device Type (String) to 'Z-Wave Temperature' for all temperature sensors, so these are all included in the lists. Now, the 3.0.2.0. version of the Z-Wave pi may be different as it is said to be a 'Prep for the HS4 version' and maybe they have dropped the Device Type (String). I haven't found a way for a user to display or edit the Device Type (String) in HS4, the advanced tab has gone and, whilst some of the information that was on the advanced tab is now shown at the bottom of the Status Graphics tab, it doesn't include the Device Type (String). This was logged as an issue with the HS4 Beta some time ago but doesn't appear to have been addressed.

If the 3.0.2.0. version of the Z-Wave pi isn't setting the Device Type (String) then that would explain why your lists aren't being populated but mine, and others, are. However, it is difficult to check because in HS4 you don't appear to be able to display the Device Type (String). I might see if Jon00's Device Viewer works with HS4 as this displays all the information.

If this is the issue it shouldn't be too difficult for me to work round I just need to decide on a different way to filter for sensor devices that is compatible with HS4 created devices. I was expecting a problem such as this to arise when HS finally produce their native HS4 Z-Wave plug-in but it has been a long time coming. I will need to do some experimenting and then put up a beta version for you to test if you could.

Steve

I've tested Jon00's Device Viewer in HS4 and was able to display the Device Type (String). If you are prepared to give that a go it would clear up whether this is the issue or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DeviceViewer.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1378596

Comment

I will test that this evening

Thanks

Comment

Just tested this and indeed its showing as "Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel".
                  Fixed this by editing it in devices.json to "Z-Wave temperature" and it appeared in the drop down as it should.

Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Just tested this and indeed its showing as "Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel".
                    Fixed this by editing it in devices.json to "Z-Wave temperature" and it appeared in the drop down as it should.

Thanks a lot for your help
                    Glad you got it sorted and I suppose it does show one advantage of HS4, that is, storing the data as json.

Thanks also for spotting this as it will affect new installations so is something that needs dealing with, I don't want new users to have to start editing their json files

Having investigated a bit further it seems the change in the Z-Wave plug-in predates 3.0.2.0. I have examined devices on my system and I have a couple of Spirit Thermostatic Valves that I included with version 3.0.1.256 of the Z-Wave pi and it has set the Device Type (String) for the temperature device on both of them as 'Z-Wave Sensor Multilevel'. An identical device I included with an earlier version of the Z-Wave pi is correctly set to 'Z-Wave Temperature'.

I will raise this with HS but I don't expect any action as their attentions are elsewhere.

So, I have modified SDJ-VStat so that it also looks at the Device_Subtype_Description which with all versions of the Z-Wave pi appears to be set to 'Temperature'. Whilst this can't be edited by the user the pi still checks the Device Type (String) so any device can be manually added to the lists if required.

I have submitted version 3.1.0.2. to HS and also posted it to the beta section of the updater so it is available now. I would appreciate it if you could test to see if it now picks up any recently added temperature sensors on your system that it didn't previously. This presumes you might have some that you haven't edited the Device Type (String).

Thanks again,

Steve

Comment

Just testet with 3.1.0.2 and removed and re-added my sensor. SDJ-Vstat now picks it up without any changes to devices.json

Perfect

Thanks

Comment

Just testet with 3.1.0.2 and removed and re-added my sensor. SDJ-Vstat now picks it up without any changes to devices.json

Perfect

Thanks
                        That’s good news. Thanks for testing.
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X