Error under HS4 (SOLVED in 3.1.0.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error under HS4 (SOLVED in 3.1.0.5)

After running HS4 on test server (upgraded from HS3) I am getting error below on startup.. Is there officially HS4 version or is it just HS4 message that can be ignored for now?

Thank you. Charles

6/11/2020 6:55:20 PM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~PluginExtraData Error - Version doesn't match VSTAT version!Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
    After running HS4 on test server (upgraded from HS3) I am getting error below on startup.. Is there officially HS4 version or is it just HS4 message that can be ignored for now?

Thank you. Charles

6/11/2020 6:55:20 PM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~PluginExtraData Error - Version doesn't match VSTAT version!Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.
    I tested it on the first HS4 alpha and various betas without issue. I’ll set up the latest RC over the weekend and see if I see the same error.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

I tested it on the first HS4 alpha and various betas without issue. I’ll set up the latest RC over the weekend and see if I see the same error.

Steve
      One thing to check. Are you definitely running the same version of the pi on HS4 as you were running on HS3. That error would normally mean that the PED information stored in the VStat was created with a later version of the pi.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve.... Not sure anymore... LOL Two many tries to get HS4 going. It's possible that I mixed something up. I would not spend much time on it. Once HS4 is usable I will start with fresh upgrade from HS3 > HS4.

It was more general question than real concern for me right now. If there is no known issue it is probably mix up on my end. Maybe with next so called RC release I will do clean upgrade (deleting all files) and I will get back if I have still same issue.

I appreciate you quick response. Charles

Comment

Hi Steve.... Not sure anymore... LOL Two many tries to get HS4 going. It's possible that I mixed something up. I would not spend much time on it. Once HS4 is usable I will start with fresh upgrade from HS3 > HS4.

It was more general question than real concern for me right now. If there is no known issue it is probably mix up on my end. Maybe with next so called RC release I will do clean upgrade (deleting all files) and I will get back if I have still same issue.

I appreciate you quick response. Charles
          Hi Charles,

I installed the HS4 release candidate today and had a quick play around on my system. I didn't get the startup error you reported.

As far as I can tell all my VStats worked fine and I was able to make changes without problems other than some minor display inconsistencies. HS have done a pretty good job of ensuring that legacy plug-ins still operate under HS4 and the legacy web pages are also still there if you prefer them.

I can't say I like the new interface but I fully understand why HS are doing what they are doing and appreciate that I am not the target audience. My day-to-day interaction with my HS system is through custom designed HSTouch screens so there is no difference to me whether it is HS3 or HS4 running under the hood. When it comes to updating and adding events and devices I have zero interest in doing that on a phone or touch screen. The HS3 interface suits me much better and I can still access these legacy pages in HS4. Let's hope these pages are retained or, even better, improved as a desktop orientated configuration mode. My fingers are firmly crossed, after washing my hands for 20 seconds of course!

I have played around with the new SDK and given some thought to the conversion process to upgrade my plug-ins from HS3 to HS4. It is actually a mammoth task and, whilst it is something I fully intend to do at some point, I am waiting for things to stabilise and the documentation to improve before I embark on this. It is a pretty good indicator that, despite HS implying early on that the upgrade would be relatively trivial, we are several months down the line with a full release imminent and HS still haven't completed the upgrade of their flagship Z-Wave plug-in! I have much admiration for those third party developers who have slaved away developing HS4 plug-ins with limited help. I intend, somewhat selfishly, to benefit from their pioneering endeavours when I finally embark on that journey.

For the time being, even if I decide to run HS4 as my production system, I am happy that my HS3 plug-ins continue to function.

Steve

Comment

I am also getting errors at startup:

7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin SDJ-VStat ...
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~Version 3.1.0.2 Initialized.
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~PluginExtraData Error - Version doesn't match VSTAT version!
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~Configuring VSTAT .
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~ERROR - When checking VStat Locations - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~Pushover 3P~!~Downloaded 23 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~Pushover 3P~!~Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~PluginExtraData Error - Version doesn't match VSTAT version!
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~ERROR - When checking VStat Locations - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~2 Virtual Stats initialised.
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~Operation will commence in 30 seconds
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin SDJ-VStat started successfully in 844 milliseconds
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~SDJ-VStat loaded in 1096 milliseconds
            7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in SDJ-VStat

When I am trying to go to the plugin it says:
            error - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input

Advice?

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post
              I am also getting errors at startup:

7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin SDJ-VStat ...
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~Version 3.1.0.2 Initialized.
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~Pushover 3P~!~Downloaded 23 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~Pushover 3P~!~Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~2 Virtual Stats initialised.
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~SDJ-VStat~!~Operation will commence in 30 seconds
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin SDJ-VStat started successfully in 844 milliseconds
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~SDJ-VStat loaded in 1096 milliseconds
              7/6/2020 10:41:40 AM HomeSeer~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in SDJ-VStat

When I am trying to go to the plugin it says:
              error - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input

Advice?
              Hi,
              That's not an error I have encountered when testing under HS4 but Charles also saw it, so not a one off.
              Can you give me some more details of the circumstances?
              Was this a first run after installing HS4?
              How did you install HS4, there are a number of methods?
              Was it over your HS3 installation or was it a fresh install and then import of the HS3 database.

The error message indicates that the pi is unable to read the PED data stored in the root device of each VStat. I don't know at the moment why that should be but the VStats will loose their configuration such as sensors and schedules.

This didn't happen in my testing but I'm about to fire up the release version of HS4 so I'll see what I find and report back.

Steve

Comment

Hi,
                That's not an error I have encountered when testing under HS4 but Charles also saw it, so not a one off.
                Can you give me some more details of the circumstances?
                Was this a first run after installing HS4?
                How did you install HS4, there are a number of methods?
                Was it over your HS3 installation or was it a fresh install and then import of the HS3 database.

The error message indicates that the pi is unable to read the PED data stored in the root device of each VStat. I don't know at the moment why that should be but the VStats will loose their configuration such as sensors and schedules.

This didn't happen in my testing but I'm about to fire up the release version of HS4 so I'll see what I find and report back.

Steve
                It was over my HS3. First run. I disabled then enabled Vstat, then I could get to configuration page. And ye, my sensors was gone. I incluced my sensors at the error was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post

It was over my HS3. First run. I disabled then enabled Vstat, then I could get to configuration page. And ye, my sensors was gone. I incluced my sensors at the error was gone.
                  I've just set up the release version of HS4. I had already created an HS4 installation at beta stage from my HS3 installation. I had uninstalled HS3 copied that folder and renamed it HS4, installed HS4 over the top of it, then reinstalled HS3 so I could swap back and forth between HS3 and HS4.
                  Today I installed the release version of HS4 over the HS4 folder and fired it up. I got the same error messages as you on startup with the VStat configurations wiped.
                  I then copied my latest HomeseerData.hsd file from HS3/Data to HS4/Data folders and imported it using 'Setup>Configuration>Edit Config>Switch>Import'. This updated all my devices to my current HS3 state and my VStats were all there and fully configured. As far as I can tell so far everything is working.

I disabled and re-enabled the pi and it restarted fine with all PED data loaded and the VStats configured.

However, I then shut down and restarted HS4 and got the same error and the VStat configurations were wiped again. I will have to investigate further. I know HS4 stores PED data differently to HS3 but the HS3 methods are supposed to carry on working for legacy devices.

This is very annoying as I tested SDJ-VStat at HS4 alpha stage and throughout the betas with no apparent problems. It seems to be something introduced probably at release candidate stage.

I will see whether I can sort out a way of getting this to work. I might try delaying the initialising of the VStats at startup to allow HS4 to settle down, maybe that will cure the issue.

Steve

Comment

I've just set up the release version of HS4. I had already created an HS4 installation at beta stage from my HS3 installation. I had uninstalled HS3 copied that folder and renamed it HS4, installed HS4 over the top of it, then reinstalled HS3 so I could swap back and forth between HS3 and HS4.
                    Today I installed the release version of HS4 over the HS4 folder and fired it up. I got the same error messages as you on startup with the VStat configurations wiped.
                    I then copied my latest HomeseerData.hsd file from HS3/Data to HS4/Data folders and imported it using 'Setup>Configuration>Edit Config>Switch>Import'. This updated all my devices to my current HS3 state and my VStats were all there and fully configured. As far as I can tell so far everything is working.

I disabled and re-enabled the pi and it restarted fine with all PED data loaded and the VStats configured.

However, I then shut down and restarted HS4 and got the same error and the VStat configurations were wiped again. I will have to investigate further. I know HS4 stores PED data differently to HS3 but the HS3 methods are supposed to carry on working for legacy devices.

This is very annoying as I tested SDJ-VStat at HS4 alpha stage and throughout the betas with no apparent problems. It seems to be something introduced probably at release candidate stage.

I will see whether I can sort out a way of getting this to work. I might try delaying the initialising of the VStats at startup to allow HS4 to settle down, maybe that will cure the issue.

Steve
                    Bad news I'm afraid. I've done some playing around and there is definitely an issue with reading the PED of the VStats on HS4 startup. Once it is running the pi can save and load PED to the VStat devices with no issues. You can import your HS3 database and the devices are intact. You can stop and start the pi and it initialises and loads the PED no problem. However, if you shut down HS4 and restart it then when the pi initialises HS4 returns a blank PED for each VStat. I don't know why and I'm pretty sure it didn't do it in beta versions of HS4.

I will have to report this to HST so I don't expect it to be a quick fix, they are busy with other HS4 bugs!

In the meantime I will try and warn that this pi is not working in HS4 for the time being.

Sorry about that.

Steve

Comment

Bad news I'm afraid. I've done some playing around and there is definitely an issue with reading the PED of the VStats on HS4 startup. Once it is running the pi can save and load PED to the VStat devices with no issues. You can import your HS3 database and the devices are intact. You can stop and start the pi and it initialises and loads the PED no problem. However, if you shut down HS4 and restart it then when the pi initialises HS4 returns a blank PED for each VStat. I don't know why and I'm pretty sure it didn't do it in beta versions of HS4.
                      Interestingly I have set up a fresh install of HS4 with no devices and then installed SDJ-VStat created a couple of VStats with virtual devices to assign as sensors and control devices and everything works fine. Can stop and start HS4 and all PED is retained.

Maybe it is something to do with the HS3 to HS4 upgrade process?

Next trial is to import my production database over the fresh HS4 and start installing plug-ins etc to see if it will break. But that is going to be later in the week.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, it seems to work on my upgraded installation, but I may be using the plug in differently to most. My stat will trigger a virtual device and a rule on that virtual device will increment a counter. The increment of the counter then triggers another rule which turns the boiler on.
                        Seems to work for me and no errors in the log.
                        /Marcus

Comment

I am still getting error... Clean upgrade from HS3 to HS4...

See picture.. I just tried to disable and enable the plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDJ.png
Views:	124
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	1400146

Comment

I am still getting error... Clean upgrade from HS3 to HS4...

See picture.. I just tried to disable and enable the plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDJ.png
Views:	124
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	1400146
                            Actually I also get exactly the same messages when I disable/enable. However, during operation, my VSTAT seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post

Actually I also get exactly the same messages when I disable/enable. However, during operation, my VSTAT seems to work.
                              metkhoo I don't really use the plugin too much but I've noticed that error so I thought I would bring it up to Steve's attention. Not sure if it really affects functionality of the plug-in or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X