Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDJ-VStat NOT Working in HS4 (SOLVED in 3.1.0.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: I deleted all the child devices then reinstalled the plug in. The Vstats were still there. Next I configured the vStats and "Rebuilt". Next I disabled and enabled the Vstat Plug in.
    It all seems to be OK now.
    Maybe that assists someone.

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
      Hi Steve,
      For some reason, this is happening. This is version 3.1.0.5 in HS4 version 4.1.5.0

I could not get to the VStat config screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled VStat 3.1.0.5 and can now get to the config screen again but obviously something is amis...
      That's a bummer! Had you just upgraded to HS4 version 4.1.5.0?

It certainly looks like a case of HS4 corrupting or deleting the PED from the VSTAT root devices again. Hopefully it's a one off.
      If it happens again please submit a bug report to Homeseer.

I never got a satisfactory answer to my original bug submission but I didn't persue it further because I had implemented the workaround. There is a very similar issue reported of PED data being deleted in HS4 for a different thermostat plug-in. That also hasn't been resolved.

I am still running HS3 as until HS4 has new features I see no point in upgrading and I don't want these sort of database/JSON coruption issues.

Let me know how you get on. I would recommend restoring your devices from a backup rather than deleting and recreating. In my case I have HSTouch screens set up so I wouldn't want to create new devices.

Steve

Comment

Someone (a dev ) should do a survey in the dev section, about who likes the json db better than the old one.

Comment

SteveMSJ I am also getting the same errors as metkhoo and have lost my config. whenever the plugin is restarted all the features are duplicated so I had hundreds of devices to delete but they just keep coming back. They are created under each device correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I should have said I was using the HS3 version and had no problems but on reading your post about problems in HS4 I thought I should update but now I am seeing this problem.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              SteveMSJ I am also getting the same errors as metkhoo and have lost my config. whenever the plugin is restarted all the features are duplicated so I had hundreds of devices to delete but they just keep coming back. They are created under each device correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Greig.
              Hi Grieg,

Which version of HS4 are you running?
              Have you run any previous versions of HS4?
              Did you update SDJ-VStat to 3.1.0.5 in HS3 before importing you database into HS4?

I'll also do some experimenting myself.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Steve,

I have been running HS4 since the betas with the HS3 version 3.1.0.1 of the plugin and am now on HS4 4.1.4.0 (Windows) and had no troubles before I updated the plugin to 3.1.0.5
                I did not update SDJ-VStat to 3.1.0.5 in HS3 before importing my database as I don't think it was available when I did the upgrade to HS4.

Thanks for looking at this. I know how much of a minefield it can be finding things like this.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

For me, when I upgraded to HS4 4.1.5.0 from I lost the ability to view the VSTAT config screen.
                  I stopped and started the VStat plug in but it did nothing
                  I then stopped the plug in and Installed plug in version 3.1.0.5 over the existing installation
                  I then started the plug in
                  I could now see the VSTAT config screen and my two VSTATs I have were shown but they had lost their config
                  I added the config back in and clicked "Rebuild VStat"
                  Went back to the device list and the root device was still there but I now had duplicate child devices.
                  I deleted each one separately
                  I then had to go to every event that previously used the child devices and redefine the event
                  I then had to go to HSTouch designer and re-specify all the child devices

Now if I go back and "Rebuild VStat" it no longer duplicates the child devices and it seems to work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    Steve,

I have been running HS4 since the betas with the HS3 version 3.1.0.1 of the plugin and am now on HS4 4.1.4.0 (Windows) and had no troubles before I updated the plugin to 3.1.0.5
                    I did not update SDJ-VStat to 3.1.0.5 in HS3 before importing my database as I don't think it was available when I did the upgrade to HS4.

Thanks for looking at this. I know how much of a minefield it can be finding things like this.

Greig.
                    Hi Greig,

You are correct that this is a minefield and HS haven't been any help in identifying the bug in HS4 that caused the problem. We were told that HS3 plug-ins would run in HS4, and on the whole they made a pretty good job of that. However, there are definitely gremlins which got introduced when the storage method changed from a database to JSON. I have seen reports of two other thermostat plug-ins having problems with HS4 deleting all their stored PED but so far I haven't seen any acknowledgement from HS of the problem.

What makes it really difficult is that it doesn't happen all all systems. I had two development test systems set up, one on Windows and one on Linux which did not show an issue. Then, when some users started reporting the issue, I set up a third system on Windows on my production PC and that showed the error. What I found was that all the PED stored in the root devices of each VStat was being wiped by HS4. Note, I could import the same production database into the two other systems and they worked fine.

However, once I had one system showing the problem I experimented and found that by removing arrays and collections from the PED the problem went away. A work around rather than a bug fix but what the hell. SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.5 converted the PED data and when this database was imported into HS4 it worked on all my 3 systems. I released that and it cured the problem for the other users. I hoped that was it but obviously not!. It seems that with version 4.1.0.5 of HS4 the problem, or a similar one, has resurfaced.

You seem to have had a system that was ok without the work round and now doesn't work with it. I can't explain that I'm afraid.

I have now tested an HS4 4.1.0.5 system with my full production database imported and it works without issue. This makes it very difficult, if not impossible, for me to identify the problem.

Unless I get some feedback from HS I am stuck now. I will approach the authors of the other plug-ins and see if they have learnt anything further.

By the way do you use HSTouch? One of the plug-in authors seem to find that it was only happening when HSTouch was turned on, but I didn't observe that myself.

All I can suggest, and I know this buggers up events and HSTouch screens, is to delete all the VStats, re-install the plug-in and try creating a new VStat. See if that works and if it does then re-create your other VStats.

Steve

Comment

For me, when I upgraded to HS4 4.1.5.0 from I lost the ability to view the VSTAT config screen.
                      I stopped and started the VStat plug in but it did nothing
                      I then stopped the plug in and Installed plug in version 3.1.0.5 over the existing installation
                      I then started the plug in
                      I could now see the VSTAT config screen and my two VSTATs I have were shown but they had lost their config
                      I added the config back in and clicked "Rebuild VStat"
                      Went back to the device list and the root device was still there but I now had duplicate child devices.
                      I deleted each one separately
                      I then had to go to every event that previously used the child devices and redefine the event
                      I then had to go to HSTouch designer and re-specify all the child devices

Now if I go back and "Rebuild VStat" it no longer duplicates the child devices and it seems to work correctly.
                      I'm glad you seem to have cured the issue but I'm really sorry that you have had to go to such extreme lengths.
                      Once HS4 deletes all the PED out of the root devices of the VStats there isn't any easy way to recover!

I don't run HS4 but having worked around the issue a couple of months back I hoped that was the last of it.

Today I have tried HS4 4.1.4.0 with my production database imported and then upgraded to 4.1.5.0. I can't replicate the issue, the VStats are working fine and I can go in and out of the config page. This is all on the PC which I was originally able to duplicate the problem on HS4 4.1.1.0 and SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.4 and cured it with SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.5.

I'll keep you posted if I can discover what is going on.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

All I can suggest, and I know this buggers up events and HSTouch screens, is to delete all the VStats, re-install the plug-in and try creating a new VStat. See if that works and if it does then re-create your other VStats.

Steve
                        Since I only have two VSTATS, I will try this let you know. My problem only really surfaced when I upgraded to 4.1.5.0

/Marcus

Comment

Since I only have two VSTATS, I will try this let you know. My problem only really surfaced when I upgraded to 4.1.5.0

/Marcus
                          We are having some discussions on github where another developer raised the issue with his thermostat plug-in a month or so ago. Rich started responding yesterday so hopefully we might get somewhere.

Steve

Comment

Is this a clue? Tried Deleted my two VSTATS but get this in the log
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	vstat5.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1416617

Comment

Stopped and restarted the plug in and now get:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	vstat6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1416620

Comment

Reporting back:
                                All the child devices for the previously deleted VStats became their own "ROOT" devices and I deleted them manually.

Comment

Working...
                                X