Problems with mcsKNX devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with mcsKNX devices

Tring to define a virtual thermostat, I do not find KNX (mcsKNX) thermal sensor devices.

This problem is born after migration from HS3 to HS4 and changing KNX plugin from izKNX (with which I create a VStat device correctly) to mcsKNX.

Attached Advanced information about device not found in list of sensors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KNX advanced.png
Views:	165
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1422486

Originally posted by epriora View Post
    Tring to define a virtual thermostat, I do not find KNX (mcsKNX) thermal sensor devices.

This problem is born after migration from HS3 to HS4 and changing KNX plugin from izKNX (with which I create a VStat device correctly) to mcsKNX.

Attached Advanced information about device not found in list of sensors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KNX advanced.png
Views:	165
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1422486
    Hi,
    Because the device type is not set to a temperature sensor, SDJ-VStat is not automatically recognizing the device as an available sensor. That isn't a problem though as in HS3 and HS4 the 'Device Type String' property is user editable.

In HS4 click on the Device and then you will find the 'Device Type String' at the very bottom of the Feature page. This is probably blank.
    You can edit this as it is only a text string. If you add the word Temperature and click the 'Save' button you should find that the device will then be available for selection as a sensor in SDJ-VStat.

Plug-ins don't normally use the 'Device Type String', other than for information, so editing it is unlikely to cause a problem. However, once you have assigned the device to a VStat you can change the 'Device Type String' back to whatever it was before. SDJ-VStat only uses it as a method of filtering sensors for selection. Once selected the 'Device Type String' is no longer required.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

OK! Typing "Temperature sensor" in device type string run correctly.

Comment

Is there a reason I cannot change the Device Type String?
        Version
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.13.0 (Windows)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post
          Is there a reason I cannot change the Device Type String?
          Version
          HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.13.0 (Windows)
          Hi,

In HS4 the 'Device Type (string)' is on the Feature Tab for the device below the General check boxes. You can click on it and edit it directly. Change it to 'Temperature' for example.

Steve
          Last edited by SteveMSJ; July 21, 2022, 06:38 AM. Reason: Corrected my incorrect post!

Comment

Hi SteveMSJ
            I do not see the Type or Identity, For the features, see the Floor and Room options.

I've had a look through my settings and can not see anything disabled.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi SteveMSJ
              I do not see the Type or Identity, For the features, see the Floor and Room options.

I've had a look through my settings and can not see anything disabled.
              Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, the 'Device Type String' is towards the bottom of your screenshot. It is blank in your case but if you click on it you can type in what you like, e.g. Temperature.

I'll edit my previous post to correct it.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Steve

Comment

SteveMSJ Thank You - All working now :-)

TBH, can't believe i didnt see that myself :-(

Comment

SteveMSJ Thank You - All working now :-)

TBH, can't believe i didnt see that myself :-(
                  It makes me slightly less embarrassed at pointing you in the wrong direction😗

Comment

Working...
                  X