X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules missing from EasyTrigger import

Looks like the schedules in EasyTrigger has been split into two categories;
    [SCHEDULES] and [DAY_SCHEDULES].
    Seems Vstat only finds the first category?

(Dunno how it used to be, but I'm quite sure I at some point imported a day schedule, which I'm unable to do now..?)

Originally posted by Hologram View Post
    Looks like the schedules in EasyTrigger has been split into two categories;
    [SCHEDULES] and [DAY_SCHEDULES].
    Seems Vstat only finds the first category?

(Dunno how it used to be, but I'm quite sure I at some point imported a day schedule, which I'm unable to do now..?)
    Hi,

The Import and Export of EasyTrigger schedules has always been for the full schedules stored in [SCHEDULES]. I could include [DAY_SCHEDULES] for imports and expand them to 7 identical days, if you think it would be useful.

Steve

Comment

Ah, then I must have converted the schedule in question from week to day after I originally imported it!

I guess there is no need to add that feature, the use would be extremely limited I suppose..

The schedule I were looking at boosts my floor heating in the morning, and with small kids in the house I'm up early in the weekends as well, so it could just as well be a day schedule as a week one.
      Even so, that is 100% laziness on my part

Comment

Ah, then I must have converted the schedule in question from week to day after I originally imported it!

I guess there is no need to add that feature, the use would be extremely limited I suppose..

The schedule I were looking at boosts my floor heating in the morning, and with small kids in the house I'm up early in the weekends as well, so it could just as well be a day schedule as a week one.
        Even so, that is 100% laziness on my part
        Hi,

It might be limited but I think I will probably implement it anyway.

It is a fairly easy revision and I have been meaning to revisit the EasyTrigger schedule import for a while now. There is an error if you try and import a schedule that has start or end times related to Sunrise or Sunset. I hadn't thought of that when I originally wrote the import so I need to correct it. Whilst I am correcting the error I will incorporate Day Schedules into the import.

For day schedules I will automatically expand them to a week of identical days.

For Sunrise and Sunset I will use the relevant times on the day of the import so it doesn't throw an error. If someone really wants a schedule that follows the Sunrise and Sunset times they would just need to set a recurring event to re-import the schedule each week. This would keep the thermostat schedule in sync with the changing Sun times.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Hi,

It might be limited but I think I will probably implement it anyway.

It is a fairly easy revision and I have been meaning to revisit the EasyTrigger schedule import for a while now. There is an error if you try and import a schedule that has start or end times related to Sunrise or Sunset. I hadn't thought of that when I originally wrote the import so I need to correct it. Whilst I am correcting the error I will incorporate Day Schedules into the import.

For day schedules I will automatically expand them to a week of identical days.

For Sunrise and Sunset I will use the relevant times on the day of the import so it doesn't throw an error. If someone really wants a schedule that follows the Sunrise and Sunset times they would just need to set a recurring event to re-import the schedule each week. This would keep the thermostat schedule in sync with the changing Sun times.

Steve
          I have uploaded a beta 3.1.1.0 with these features implemented if you want to give it a try.

Steve

Comment

Nice, I updated to test it;
            Works fine if the schedule has _one_ period, but seems to fail if it has two or more?

If I try to import this testschedule: [03:15;07:25],[14:15;19:50]
            I get this error:
            ERROR - Converting Text to Schedule Verkstad - Conversion from string "5;" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Comment

Nice, I updated to test it;
              Works fine if the schedule has _one_ period, but seems to fail if it has two or more?

If I try to import this testschedule: [03:15;07:25],[14:15;19:50]
              I get this error:
              ERROR - Converting Text to Schedule Verkstad - Conversion from string "5;" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
              Sorry about that. I didn’t test the single day schedule import with multiple periods and I see my error. I’ll correct it shortly.

Steve

Comment

No problem at all! We've all been there!

On a side note, speaking of schedules; I have had some issues with one schedule that is supposed to be "on" for the entire weekend.
                It appears to evaluate to "OFF" during the days where it does not have an explicit entry?
                How will i.e. "[Fri 15:00;Sun 23:59]" be interpreted when doing an import?

Comment

No problem at all! We've all been there!

On a side note, speaking of schedules; I have had some issues with one schedule that is supposed to be "on" for the entire weekend.
                  It appears to evaluate to "OFF" during the days where it does not have an explicit entry?
                  How will i.e. "[Fri 15:00;Sun 23:59]" be interpreted when doing an import?
                  You are correct, when I convert a schedule from ET if you span 3 days or more with a single segment it treats the in between days as OFF. You can avoid that by defining all day segments for the inbetween days. I will see if I can alter that though.

By the way, have you tried using the VStat Scheduler program? It has to be run on a Windows PC and isn’t web based but has some advantages over ET for setting up and adjusting VStat schedules.

Steve

Comment

You are correct, when I convert a schedule from ET if you span 3 days or more with a single segment it treats the in between days as OFF. You can avoid that by defining all day segments for the inbetween days. I will see if I can alter that though.
                    Actually I was wrong in that statement. I have just tested importing your schedule into a VStat and Saturday is set correctly to High/Day all day.
                    Easy Trigger Schedule [Fri 15:00;Sun 23:59]

Click image for larger version  Name:	Schedule.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	1465943

Can you test again?
                    The easiest way of seeing what has been imported is to use the VStat Scheduler program to view the 7 day schedules for each VStat, otherwise you have to wait for the day to come around to see what has been imported.

Steve

Comment

Sorry about that. I didn’t test the single day schedule import with multiple periods and I see my error. I’ll correct it shortly.
                      I think I have corrected the EasyTrigger Single Day Schedule import in Beta 3.1.1.1.

I would appreciate it if you could test it.

Steve

Comment

The VStat scheduler program was nice indeed, I had not discovered it as I immediately went for the EasyTrigger approach..

You are right, the schedule [Fri 15:00;Sun 23:59] was not the one causing issues..
                        It was this one: [Fri 15:00;Mon 00:00]... Which EasyTrigger allows, but which renders saturday and sunday blank.
                        I did a lot of back and forth testing at one point, so I mistook which one was the erroneous one..

After creating a proper schedule in the VStat scheduler and exporting it to EasyTrigger it yields this for the setup I want:
                        [Fri 15:00;Sat 00:00],[Sat 00:00;Sun 00:00],[Sun 00:00;Mon 00:00]
                        Which works fine. I guess whether you bother to handle that last example above would boil down to completeness of features more than a strict need

Also tested 3.1.1.1 and it works like a charm indeed!

Thx!

Comment

The VStat scheduler program was nice indeed, I had not discovered it as I immediately went for the EasyTrigger approach..

You are right, the schedule [Fri 15:00;Sun 23:59] was not the one causing issues..
                          It was this one: [Fri 15:00;Mon 00:00]... Which EasyTrigger allows, but which renders saturday and sunday blank.
                          I did a lot of back and forth testing at one point, so I mistook which one was the erroneous one..

After creating a proper schedule in the VStat scheduler and exporting it to EasyTrigger it yields this for the setup I want:
                          [Fri 15:00;Sat 00:00],[Sat 00:00;Sun 00:00],[Sun 00:00;Mon 00:00]
                          Which works fine. I guess whether you bother to handle that last example above would boil down to completeness of features more than a strict need

Also tested 3.1.1.1 and it works like a charm indeed!

Thx!

Hi Hologram,

Thanks for the testing and feedback.

I think your schedule from Friday to Monday, isn't supposed to work in EasyTrigger which shouldn't allow schedules to cross Sunday midnight. Maybe that has changed but, like you say, it isn't strictly needed. Since everything else is working I don't think I will try to make the import work for the one crossing Sunday midnight.

Thanks again.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X