Sinope TH1300RF unavailable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinope TH1300RF unavailable?

Hey everyone. We're building a house and I was planning on using the Sinope TH1300RF's for the floor heating thermostats instead of the Nuheat ones because of their homeseer support. But I can't seem to find anyone in the US that is elling them. Even the Sinope online web store says they are out of stock.

Are these going out of production, or am I missing something?

If these aren't available anymore (I need the 3600W version) what's a suitable alternative that gives me the HS integration I am looking for. The Nuheat Signature line looks pretty nice actually, but has no HS support as far as I can tell.

PS the 1300RF is the only Sinope stat that I can find that supports the floor sensor. The 1500RF other units don't have a floor sensor, which is sort of core to the mission of this device!

thanks!
    mike

I called the folks at Sinope. The TH1300RF is indeed out of production.

There is a zigbee version that IS in production that has the floor sensor etc... But I don't think it works with this plugin.

Mike

Comment

Did they say why it's out of production? Are they going to only support the Zigbee version from now on?

Comment

They didn't tell me why. And yes, only the zigbee version will be supported forward, though I got the sense it wasn't a big business for them and that may eventually go away too at some point. Their mainline electric heating thermostats are well supported and expanding in versions. It doesn't use a floor sensor however, so not useful for this task.

I decided to not try and fiddle with the zigbee version, and go with the NuHeat Signature WiFI thermostats, which is what most people use anyway. There is no HS interface to that unit, but in addition to alexa and Google integration, they support IFTTT, so I figure I may be able to hack something together to integrate that into HS.

Though it would be great if you built a plugin for that unit. Hint Hint...

thx
        mike

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
          ...NuHeat Signature WiFI thermostats...

I have the same NuHeat thermostat. Before moving to homeseer I had a kludgey device handler for SmartThings that worked 'mostly', a plugin would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
            They didn't tell me why. And yes, only the zigbee version will be supported forward, though I got the sense it wasn't a big business for them and that may eventually go away too at some point. Their mainline electric heating thermostats are well supported and expanding in versions. It doesn't use a floor sensor however, so not useful for this task.

I decided to not try and fiddle with the zigbee version, and go with the NuHeat Signature WiFI thermostats, which is what most people use anyway. There is no HS interface to that unit, but in addition to alexa and Google integration, they support IFTTT, so I figure I may be able to hack something together to integrate that into HS.

thx
            mike
            I would be interested in a NuHeat plug in (or script) as well. I'm mostly interested in having HS3 toggle the NuHeat in/out of vacation mode but it would also be interesting to change the setpoints based on time of year.

Comment

The NuHeat API is located here:
              https://api.mynuheat.com/

Comment

Working...
              X